10:19pm: Angels GM Tony Reagins laughed at Charley Walters' Teixeira rumor, blaming it on..."those bloggers."
11:16am: The latest from SI.com's Jon Heyman.
- The Rockies and Braves will wait until right before the July 31st deadline to decide whether to trade Matt Holliday and Mark Teixeira. The Rox have been more active calling around about Holliday, though. Heyman notes that Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd has spoken to the Mets, Angels, Phillies, and other teams about him. The Rockies are seven games out, while the Braves are six back.
- The Braves are reportedly making a list of trading partners for Tex, including the Red Sox, Angels, Rays, and D'Backs.
- Charley Walters has a rumor: Teixeira to the Angels for Robb Quinlan and Brandon Wood.
- The Yankees haven't even considered signing Barry Bonds, despite the Hideki Matsui injury.
- Heyman spoke to a "Yankees person" who is fearful of A.J. Burnett's contract. I could see an acquiring team pushing for more certainty by buying out or guaranteeing the contract.
- Heyman considers Manny Ramirez's $20MM option for '09 a bargain. For me, it's not nearly as clear-cut.
- Omar Minaya is "especially" a fan of Cleveland's Casey Blake. He would be a great fit for the Mets.
- Heyman is still hearing the rumor about the Mariners trying to lure Pat Gillick for an upper management position next year.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Heyman's Latest: Holliday, Teixeira, Burnett, Blake: