Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle has a slew of A's hot stove info for us today.
- Pending free agents include Mark Ellis, Frank Thomas, Emil Brown, and Keith Foulke. All except Ellis are certainly goners.
- Huston Street trade talks may resume with the team that claimed him in August. All we know is that it was a non-contender. Street is under team control through 2010, and could earn $5MM next year.
- The A's aren't planning to trade Justin Duchscherer, and are currently just hoping his hip will be OK for '09.
- Shortstop Bobby Crosby will earn $5.25MM next year. He racked up 605 plate appearances this year, the most since his rookie year. However, he didn't hit or play acceptable defense. Interest in him will not be high.
- Lefty reliever Alan Embree spoke of "positive dialogue" between him and Billy Beane regarding his next year. Embree posted a 4.96 ERA, so maybe the A's will decline his $3MM option and re-sign him for less.
- Kirk Saarloos is a non-tender candidate.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference A's Rumors: Street, Crosby, Embree: