Rounding up the day's links...
- Jack Etkin of the Rocky Mountain News talks about the future of Garrett Atkins. We discussed the possibility of an Atkins trade in this post.
- MLB.com's Jim Molony says the Astros would like to re-sign reliever LaTroy Hawkins. Amazingly, Hawkins has thrown 17 scoreless innings as an Astro.
- This is a popular link lately...Vegas Watch examines April predictions from various analysts. Meanwhile, Scott Long digs in deeper on PECOTA's American League predictions. Personally I am more interested in the logic behind projections. Did anyone predict Rays starters to post a 3.88 ERA? Did anyone peg Dioner Navarro and Carl Crawford's seasons?
- Viva El Birdos hopes the Cardinals do not sign Jon Garland this winter.
- Sam Mellinger wonders how the Royals would replace David DeJesus if they traded him.
- Andy Pettitte remains undecided on 2009. He's hinted a desire to come back, but it's unknown whether the Yankees want him. Houston could make sense.
- The Mariners are currently in line to have first crack at drafting Stephen Strasburg. They could even use Erik Bedard's money to sign him.
- Javier Valentin hasn't heard from the Reds regarding 2009.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Odds and Ends: Hawkins, Pettitte, Strasburg: