Sports Radio 810 in Kansas City talked to Royals GM Dayton Moore recently.
- Moore hopes to sign Zack Greinke long-term. Greinke, however, is comfortable going year to year to maximize his earnings.
- Moore named three free agent bats he ranked above Mike Jacobs: Mark Teixeira, Manny Ramirez, and Bobby Abreu. He implied those three are out of the Royals’ price range. Moore feels that Jacobs will continue to improve.
- Moore says he has flexibility to extend payroll toward $70MM or even higher. He notes that last year the Royals tried to sign Jose Guillen and Torii Hunter, which would’ve pushed payroll to that range.
- Moore lists his needs as speed, OBP, a starting pitcher, and bullpen help.
- Mike Aviles could be shifted to second base if the Royals can acquire a "proven everyday shortstop." Royals Authority says: don’t move him!