More links for Friday…
- Padres beat writer Tom Krasovic hears that the Padres agreed to sign Fabel Filpo, a 16-year-old Dominican outfielder, for $450k.
- Padres GM Kevin Towers says the Padres have now spent over $10MM on amateur talent this year.
- Commissioner Bud Selig tells Shi Davidi of the Canadian Press that he'd like to see Paul Beeston stay on as the Blue Jays' CEO on a long-term basis (via the Toronto Sun).
- Dave Cameron of FanGraphs wonders if anyone will offer Joel Pineiro a four-year deal as a free agent. He's in the midst of a career-year, but will teams believe in it?
- Here's a look at the upcoming class of free agent pitchers. Other than John Lackey and Brandon Webb (who may not hit free agency) Pineiro figures to be among the most coveted starters out there.