More reactions to the biggest deal we've seen this August…
- ESPN.com's Keith Law says the White Sox can afford Alex Rios since they have a hole in center field, salaries coming off the books and a deep enough system to afford the price of "no players."
- Joel Sherman of the New York Post says the White Sox are making risky, fascinating moves.
- Danny Knobler of CBS Sports doubts the Blue Jays can win next year, even with Roy Halladay around. It takes a special team to win in the AL East and Knobler suggests the Jays don't have enough talent.
- White Sox GM Kenny Williams picked up a $56 ticket for jaywalking in Seattle yesterday, according to MLB.com's Christian Caple. He committed a million times as much to Alex Rios.
- Andrew Baggarly of the San Jose Mercury News reminds us that the Giants at least considered a Tim Lincecum–Alex Rios swap less than two years ago.