Seven years ago today, Ivan Rodriguez signed a one-year deal with the Marlins worth $10MM, ending a 12-year stint with the Texas Rangers. Pudge hit .297/.369/.474 with 16 homers in his lone season with Florida, leading the franchise to its second World Championship. He signed a little earlier this offseason, landing a two-year deal with the Nationals in early December.
Here's a look at what fans around the web are saying....
- Lookout Landing re-lives five of Felix Hernandez's career-defining starts in honor of his new deal.
- TAUNTR thinks the Phillies did well by locking up Joe Blanton and Shane Victorino, even if they didn't receive tremendous discounts.
- Blue Sox Baseball previews the Reds' starting rotation heading into 2010.
- Goat Riders of the Apocalypse looks at what's left for the Cubs this offseason.
- TYU wonders why the Yankees used the top pick in the Rule 5 Draft on Jamie Hoffmann instead of John Raynor.
- Capitol Avenue Club projects the Braves' depth chart.
- The Ghost of Moonlight Graham examines the rotations in the NL East.
- TurnTwo has some suggestions for how the Mariners could use the last $10MM left in their budget.
- Dodgers Rumors considers the Vicente Padilla signing a big win for Los Angeles.
- AdamAdkins.net reacts harshly to the Bengie Molina deal.
- River Ave. Blues wonders how the Yanks might be able to extract some value from Kei Igawa.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here.