- Brandon Inge will miss a month or more with a broken bone in his hand, according to the Tigers (via Twitter). Here are some third basemen the team could consider. Players who can play third and short like Miguel Tejada or Jhonny Peralta could appeal to the Tigers.
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman chatted with Chad Jennings of the Journal News and summed up the current trade market in these six words: "limited options and high price tags."
- Reds GM Walt Jocketty told MLB.com's Mark Sheldon something similar. Jocketty says the Reds are watching Jason Isringhausen partly because "there's not a lot available on the market."
- Troy Renck of the Denver Post talked to a Rockies official who says talks between the team and 2010 first rounder Kyle Parker are "pretty quiet" at this point (Twitter link).
- Corey Hart and Prince Fielder tell Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that they're doing their best to ignore trade rumors.
- Those two Brewers have something in common with Josh Willingham, who tells MLB.com's Bill Ladson that he doesn't worry about the rumors surrounding him.
- Ryan Theriot is aware of the rumors, but he told ESPNChicago that he doesn't want the Cubs to trade him.