With the 2010 MLB season in the books, hot stove season is officially underway. In addition to this week's rumors and transactions, we also had our share of original content at MLBTR. Here's a recap:
- Free agents have been able to negotiate with any team for nearly 24 hours now, but November 7th isn't the only important offseason date to remember. Check out our offseason calendar for all the upcoming dates you need to know.
- There are even more ways to keep track of the latest updates from MLBTR, as we introduced two new features this week: an iPhone app, and Facebook pages for each of baseball's 30 teams.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith offered a few reasons why teams extend their young starting pitchers, and Tim Dierkes countered with a few reasons why teams may prefer to go year to year.
- Tim shared his full list of potential non-tender candidates, and added a few more "not quite" non-tender candidates. Ben provided some context by breaking down non-tenders from recent seasons, including last year's group.
- Our previews of the free agent and trade markets continued, with a spotlight on pitching. We examined the trade market for right-handed and left-handed starters, while our look at the free agent market zeroed in on right-handed starters and relievers, and left-handed starters and relievers.
- Ben explained why the Mets decided to hire J.P. Ricciardi.
- Steve Adams weighed Scott Podsednik's stock as he heads into free agency, while Tim examined Casey Kotchman as a non-tender candidate.
- Mike Axisa's series on amateur signing bonuses focused on four National League teams this week - the Pirates, Cardinals, Padres, and Giants.
- Mike also provided a super-sized edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- You voted on which big-name free agent would be the first to sign a contract.
- And finally, the transcript of this week's chat can be found here.
Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Blue Jays, Orioles In Play For Ervin Santana Quick Hits: Castellanos, Davis, Armstrong MLB Unlikely To Change Qualifying Offer Before 2016 Jose Bautista, Ervin Santana Leave Proformance Angels Outright John Hester, Robert Carson Ervin Santana Rumors: Saturday Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Quick Hits: Perez, Pineda, Mariners, Ramirez, A's Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma Diamondbacks To Sign Oliver Perez Ervin Santana Seeks To Sign One-Year Deal Before Opening Day NL Central Notes: Carpenter, Neshek, Phillips, Cubs Diamondbacks, Oliver Perez Nearing Multi-Year Deal Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Padres Claim Alex Castellanos
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors