With the 2010 MLB season in the books, hot stove season is officially underway. In addition to this week's rumors and transactions, we also had our share of original content at MLBTR. Here's a recap:
- Free agents have been able to negotiate with any team for nearly 24 hours now, but November 7th isn't the only important offseason date to remember. Check out our offseason calendar for all the upcoming dates you need to know.
- There are even more ways to keep track of the latest updates from MLBTR, as we introduced two new features this week: an iPhone app, and Facebook pages for each of baseball's 30 teams.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith offered a few reasons why teams extend their young starting pitchers, and Tim Dierkes countered with a few reasons why teams may prefer to go year to year.
- Tim shared his full list of potential non-tender candidates, and added a few more "not quite" non-tender candidates. Ben provided some context by breaking down non-tenders from recent seasons, including last year's group.
- Our previews of the free agent and trade markets continued, with a spotlight on pitching. We examined the trade market for right-handed and left-handed starters, while our look at the free agent market zeroed in on right-handed starters and relievers, and left-handed starters and relievers.
- Ben explained why the Mets decided to hire J.P. Ricciardi.
- Steve Adams weighed Scott Podsednik's stock as he heads into free agency, while Tim examined Casey Kotchman as a non-tender candidate.
- Mike Axisa's series on amateur signing bonuses focused on four National League teams this week - the Pirates, Cardinals, Padres, and Giants.
- Mike also provided a super-sized edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- You voted on which big-name free agent would be the first to sign a contract.
- And finally, the transcript of this week's chat can be found here.
Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Red Sox, Jacoby Ellsbury Haven't Talked Extension Yankees Notes: Kuroda, Bullpen, Adams Poll: The Next 2012 First-Rounder To Be Called Up Orioles To Promote Kevin Gausman Quick Hits: White Sox, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies NL East Notes: Phillies, Lee, Nationals, Mets Commenting Policy AL East Notes: Yankees, Red Sox, Ellsbury Blue Jays Release Miguel Batista Minor Moves: Cotts, Boyer, Barton Draft Notes: Manaea, Outfielders MLBTR Chat Transcript Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Jose Altuve Rejoins Octagon; Leaves Boras
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors