Let's recap the original content produced by the MLBTR crew this week, shall we?
- Ben Nicholson-Smith explained free agent rankings and draft pick compensation, and then told us what we learned from this week's arbitration offers. He also wrote about how teams build their roster to fit their home stadium, and showed us how the AL MVP candidates were acquired.
- We reviewed the stock of several free agents, including Arthur Rhodes (formerly of the Reds), Miguel Olivo (Blue Jays/Rockies), Matt Guerrier (Twins), Pedro Feliciano (Mets), Mariano Rivera (Yankees), and Kevin Gregg (Blue Jays). We also looked at Russell Martin's non-tender case.
- This week's poll questions asked which relievers will sign multiyear deals, which Type A free agents will be offered arbitration, which Type B's will accept arbitration, whether or not someone will sign Manny Ramirez, who is the top remaining free agent catcher, and if George Sherrill will have to settle for a minor league deal.
- I rounded up the best links from around the web in this week's Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- Ben's chat transcript can be found here.