The trade deadline is just over a week away, so let's round up the latest from the baseball corner of the internet...
- MLB Reports interviewed Derrick Hall, President and CEO of the Diamondbacks.
- NatsGM interviewed Seth Bernstein and Zach Warren, announcers for the Cotuit Kettleers of the Cape Cod League.
- The Todd Van Poppel Rookie Card Retirement Plan explains how Jerry Blevins was designated for assignment but remained on the Athletics' 40-man roster.
- Redleg Nation says the Reds should get serious about pursuing James Shields.
- Tomahawk Talk says the Braves should trade Derek Lowe if the opportunity presents itself.
- Brotherly Glove explains what J.J. Hardy's contract extension means for Jimmy Rollins.
- D'Backs Central tells us what the Stephen Drew injury means for the Diamondbacks going forward.
- Blogging Mets says the Mets shouldn't pay any part of Carlos Beltran's contract to trade him.
- CitiField Nine wonders if the Mets could improve their pitching staff by moving Beltran.
- Mets Paradise wonders why re-signing Beltran isn't an option for the Mets.
- Splice Today thinks the Red Sox should consider adding offense before the deadline.
- FanSpeak breaks down the players the Nationals could trade within the next week or so.
- Clutch City Nine wonders if Clint Barmes will be the next Astro to go.
- Orioles Nation breaks down Koji Uehara as a trade candidate.
- COSFBA thinks Adrian Beltre is poised for a big second half.
- Cubs Billy Goat Blog looks back at the deals the Cubs made at least year's deadline.
- Tomahawk Take lists some under-the-radar observations about the Braves.
- Wahoo Blues projected how Jason Kipnis will perform for the Indians.
- 85% Sports lists some bad Yankees trades from the 1980's.
- Through The Fence Baseball looks at the favorites for the Rookie of the Year awards.
- The Hardball Times explains why Danny Duffy should improve his performance down the stretch.
- The McAuliffe Report compares Josh Reddick's 2011 to Jacoby Ellsbury's 2007.
- Infield Chatter wrote about the Twins' recent surge in the AL Central standings.
- Lookout Landing explains the problem with sabermetrics.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.
Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz Cardinals Extend Matt Carpenter Diamondbacks Sign Oliver Perez Nationals Sign Mike Gonzalez Rick Ankiel To Retire Rangers Sign Joe Saunders Indians Acquire Justin Sellers, Designate David Cooper Guillermo Mota Retires Braves To Sign Yenier Bello Athletics Acquire Jake Elmore Carl Pavano Retires Yankees Extend Brett Gardner Yankees Agree To Terms With Andrew Bailey Giants Sign Tyler Colvin Orioles Sign Nelson Cruz Red Sox Sign Chris Capuano Braves Extend Andrelton Simmons Reds Extend Homer Bailey Braves Extend Frank Wren, Fredi Gonzalez Orioles Sign Ubaldo Jimenez Dempster Won't Pitch In 2014 Braves Extend Craig Kimbrel
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Orioles Notes: Machado, Extensions, Santana, Schoop Kris Medlen Believed To Have Ligament Damage Angels Release Mark Mulder Central Links: Diaz, Scherzer, Capuano, Indians, Coke Minor Moves: Stutes, Hester, Carson, Olmsted Quick Hits: Schierholtz, Diaz, Smoak, McGrady AL East Notes: Sizemore, Machado, Cervelli Braves Could Make Run At Ervin Santana Diamondbacks Outright Santos Rodriguez Offseason In Review: San Francisco Giants Minor Moves: Martinez, Erbe, Liz, Olmsted Offseason In Review: New York Yankees NL East Notes: Beachy, Santana, Braves, Mets Braves Acquire Zach Stewart Cardinals Sign Aledmys Diaz
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors