The trade deadline is just over a week away, so let's round up the latest from the baseball corner of the internet...
- MLB Reports interviewed Derrick Hall, President and CEO of the Diamondbacks.
- NatsGM interviewed Seth Bernstein and Zach Warren, announcers for the Cotuit Kettleers of the Cape Cod League.
- The Todd Van Poppel Rookie Card Retirement Plan explains how Jerry Blevins was designated for assignment but remained on the Athletics' 40-man roster.
- Redleg Nation says the Reds should get serious about pursuing James Shields.
- Tomahawk Talk says the Braves should trade Derek Lowe if the opportunity presents itself.
- Brotherly Glove explains what J.J. Hardy's contract extension means for Jimmy Rollins.
- D'Backs Central tells us what the Stephen Drew injury means for the Diamondbacks going forward.
- Blogging Mets says the Mets shouldn't pay any part of Carlos Beltran's contract to trade him.
- CitiField Nine wonders if the Mets could improve their pitching staff by moving Beltran.
- Mets Paradise wonders why re-signing Beltran isn't an option for the Mets.
- Splice Today thinks the Red Sox should consider adding offense before the deadline.
- FanSpeak breaks down the players the Nationals could trade within the next week or so.
- Clutch City Nine wonders if Clint Barmes will be the next Astro to go.
- Orioles Nation breaks down Koji Uehara as a trade candidate.
- COSFBA thinks Adrian Beltre is poised for a big second half.
- Cubs Billy Goat Blog looks back at the deals the Cubs made at least year's deadline.
- Tomahawk Take lists some under-the-radar observations about the Braves.
- Wahoo Blues projected how Jason Kipnis will perform for the Indians.
- 85% Sports lists some bad Yankees trades from the 1980's.
- Through The Fence Baseball looks at the favorites for the Rookie of the Year awards.
- The Hardball Times explains why Danny Duffy should improve his performance down the stretch.
- The McAuliffe Report compares Josh Reddick's 2011 to Jacoby Ellsbury's 2007.
- Infield Chatter wrote about the Twins' recent surge in the AL Central standings.
- Lookout Landing explains the problem with sabermetrics.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.
Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan Rays Acquire Ryan Hanigan Tigers Sign Joe Nathan Red Sox Sign A.J. Pierzynski
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
AL West Notes: Astros, Walker, Ackley, Mariners Phillies Shopping Jonathan Papelbon Padres, Sox Have Talked Headley, Quintana In Past NL Notes: Ibanez, O'Flaherty, Cardinals, Halladay MLBTR Originals Alderson On Shortstop, First Base, Rotation, Murphy Ellsbury Contract Is A Guidepost For Shin-Soo Choo MLB, NPB Reach Agreement On Posting System NL West Notes: Uribe, Ibanez, Young, Morse, Ichiro Rakuten Golden Eagles May Not Post Masahiro Tanaka Mets To Sign Curtis Granderson New York Notes: Cashman, Santana, Pelfrey, Ibanez Week In Review: 12/1/13 - 12/7/13 AL East Notes: Price, Orioles, Axford, Hinske Astros Sign Scott Feldman
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors