The trade deadline is just over a week away, so let's round up the latest from the baseball corner of the internet...
- MLB Reports interviewed Derrick Hall, President and CEO of the Diamondbacks.
- NatsGM interviewed Seth Bernstein and Zach Warren, announcers for the Cotuit Kettleers of the Cape Cod League.
- The Todd Van Poppel Rookie Card Retirement Plan explains how Jerry Blevins was designated for assignment but remained on the Athletics' 40-man roster.
- Redleg Nation says the Reds should get serious about pursuing James Shields.
- Tomahawk Talk says the Braves should trade Derek Lowe if the opportunity presents itself.
- Brotherly Glove explains what J.J. Hardy's contract extension means for Jimmy Rollins.
- D'Backs Central tells us what the Stephen Drew injury means for the Diamondbacks going forward.
- Blogging Mets says the Mets shouldn't pay any part of Carlos Beltran's contract to trade him.
- CitiField Nine wonders if the Mets could improve their pitching staff by moving Beltran.
- Mets Paradise wonders why re-signing Beltran isn't an option for the Mets.
- Splice Today thinks the Red Sox should consider adding offense before the deadline.
- FanSpeak breaks down the players the Nationals could trade within the next week or so.
- Clutch City Nine wonders if Clint Barmes will be the next Astro to go.
- Orioles Nation breaks down Koji Uehara as a trade candidate.
- COSFBA thinks Adrian Beltre is poised for a big second half.
- Cubs Billy Goat Blog looks back at the deals the Cubs made at least year's deadline.
- Tomahawk Take lists some under-the-radar observations about the Braves.
- Wahoo Blues projected how Jason Kipnis will perform for the Indians.
- 85% Sports lists some bad Yankees trades from the 1980's.
- Through The Fence Baseball looks at the favorites for the Rookie of the Year awards.
- The Hardball Times explains why Danny Duffy should improve his performance down the stretch.
- The McAuliffe Report compares Josh Reddick's 2011 to Jacoby Ellsbury's 2007.
- Infield Chatter wrote about the Twins' recent surge in the AL Central standings.
- Lookout Landing explains the problem with sabermetrics.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.
Astros To Promote George Springer Padres Extend Jedd Gyorko Athletics Designate Sam Fuld For Assignment Rangers Acquire Hector Noesi Cardinals Extend John Mozeliak Red Sox Sign Ryan Roberts Astros Outright Chia-Jen Lo Rays Extend Yunel Escobar Pirates Extend Neal Huntington, Clint Hurdle Mariners Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment Diamondbacks Claim Roger Kieschnick Indians Extend Jason Kipnis Rays Extend Chris Archer Blue Jays Sign Juan Francisco Indians Extend Yan Gomes Rangers Designate Adam Rosales For Assignment Athletics Designate Michael Taylor For Assignment Red Sox Release Francisco Cordero Royals Release Ramon Hernandez Scott Diamond Accepts Outright Assignment Angels Extend Mike Trout Phillies Acquire Jayson Nix From Rays Yankees Sign Alfredo Aceves
Out Of Options 2014 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Astros To Promote George Springer Astros To Designate Lucas Harrell For Assignment Minor Moves: Scott Cousins NL Notes: Johnson, Cubs, Bradley Ryan Zimmerman To Miss Four to Six Weeks Athletics Release Joe Blanton AL East Notes: Rays, Drew, Pineda, Lester 2015 Free Agent Power Rankings MLBTR Chat Transcript Blue Jays Designate Marcus Walden, Outright Jeremy Jeffress Padres Offered Headley Three Years, $33-39MM In Offseason AL Central Notes: White Sox, Abreu, Dozier, Cabrera AL West Notes: Pujols, Elias, Mariners' Payroll, Astros Agent Says D'Backs Should Promote Archie Bradley Rays' Matt Moore To Undergo Tommy John Surgery
How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB Scouting Masahiro Tanaka Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors