The Rangers made a huge splash early on today when they reached agreement on a deal with Nomar Mazara for more than $5MM. Hours later, we learned that Texas inked fellow Dominican outfielder Ronald Guzman to a deal with a healthy $3.5MM signing bonus. General Manager Jon Daniels & Co. spent some serious coin on the international free agent market today, but they weren't the only ones..
- Rangers: Approximately $8.5MM. Nomar Mazara (approx. $5MM), Ronald Guzman ($3.5MM).
- Royals: $3.05MM. Elier Hernandez ($3.05MM).
- Mariners: $2MM. Helsin Martinez ($2MM).
- Cubs: $1.1MM. Enrique Acosta ($1.1MM).
- Padres: $1.1MM. Jose Ruiz ($1.1MM).
- Pirates: $1.05MM. Harold Ramirez ($1.05MM).
- Mets: Approximately $1MM. Jose Garcia (less than $1MM).
- Tigers: $750K. Adelin Santa ($750K).
- Cardinals: $650K. Dewin Perez ($450K), Jose Godoy ($200K).
- Twins: $650K. Miguel Gonzalez ($650K).
- Braves: $230K. Iosif Bernal ($230K).
- Astros: $220K. Arturo Michelena ($220K).
- Indians: $200K. Francisco Miguel ($200K).
By the way, tell your Spanish-speaking friends to check out our sister site Rumores de Béisbol, where you can catch all the latest rumors with a Latin American focus.