Every summer prospective free agents on non-contenders get traded to new teams and, sometimes, to different leagues. The Elias Rankings for free agents are separate for the American and National Leagues, so players who projected as Type Bs in the American League won't necessarily project as Type Bs if they are dealt to the NL. Here's an update on the Elias Rankings for the prospective free agents who were traded between leagues last week (current projections, last week's projections):
- Edwin Jackson, Cardinals - A Type B in the American League, Jackson remains a Type B with St. Louis.
- Octavio Dotel, Cardinals - He was a Type B with Toronto and his status hasn't changed.
- Orlando Cabrera, Giants - He remains unranked in the NL. He's close to Type B status, however.
- Derrek Lee, Pirates - Like Cabrera, Lee remains unranked, but within striking distance of Type B status.
- Kosuke Fukudome, Indians - Though Fukudome cannot be offered arbitration, his projected ranking changed from a Type B to unranked.