Two years ago, the White Sox acquired Juan Pierre from the Dodgers in what was only the second-most memorable trade of the day. The day's other deal saw the Mariners and Cubs swap bad contracts, with Carlos Silva heading to Chicago in exchange for Milton Bradley. We can only hope this year's December 18th will be as eventful. For now, here are a few links from around the league…
- In an Insider-only piece at ESPN.com, Jim Bowden breaks down the five most undervalued free agents left on the market, with Carlos Beltran and Hiroki Kuroda topping his list.
- Two court-ordered appraisals suggest the value of the Mariners' franchise is much higher than what Forbes reported earlier this year, as Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times writes.
- Noting that Michael Cuddyer is a "heck of a stocking stuffer," Troy Renck of the Denver Post details the rest of the Rockies' Christmas wish list.
- Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer fields Indians-related questions in a mailbag. Among the topics discussed: Kendrys Morales, Manny Ramirez, and the so-called "surprising" trade GM Chris Antonetti discussed at the Winter Meetings.
- Jamey Newberg of the Newberg Report examines what a Rangers package for Mat Latos might have looked like.