The Cubs agreed to two significant deals today, and they might not be done yet. They sent Paul Maholm and Reed Johnson to Atlanta in one trade and dealt Geovany Soto to Texas in another. Meanwhile, Matt Garza continues drawing interest despite a fluid buildup in his triceps that will keep him from pitching until after the trade deadline passes. Here are the latest rumors surrounding the right-hander…
- The Reds are talking to the Cubs about Garza, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. A team such as the Reds could complete a deal if it determines the injury is relatively minor.
- The Cubs have tried to trade Garza to the Reds, but it's doubtful the sides will complete a deal, Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com reports (on Twitter).
- The Blue Jays remain interested in Garza despite his current condition, Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star reports.
- There's a "very high chance" Garza gets traded, ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports (Twitter links). The Blue Jays have been bearing down on him. The Cubs are still trying to move Garza, Stark writes.
- The Rangers and Blue Jays are interested, Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com reports.
- The Cubs are fielding calls on Garza and working on a Ryan Dempster deal, David Kaplan of CSNChicago.com reports (on Twitter).