One year ago today, the Astros hired Jeff Luhnow to be their new GM. Luhnow, who had spent the previous few years in the Cardinals front office, has led a massive rebuilding effort in Houston during his first 12 months on the job. Here's the latest from the baseball corner of the web in the wake of the Winter Meetings.
- The MLB Nation interviewed Orioles prospect L.J. Hoes.
- Rising Apple thinks the Mets should have traded David Wright.
- Know Hitter says the Mets need to trade R.A. Dickey right now.
- Amazin' Avenue explains what Dickey means to the Mets.
- Monkey with a Halo looks at the Angels' options post-Zack Greinke.
- Lasorda's Lair thinks the Dodgers should hand Clayton Kershaw a blank check.
- River Ave. Blues says the Yankees have four ways to replace Alex Rodriguez.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if now is the time to trade James Shields.
- KC Kingdom says Shields is not an ace.
- Wahoo's on First thinks the Indians might be asking too much for Asdrubal Cabrera.
- Puckett's Pond and Crashburn Alley analyzed the Ben Revere trade.
- Sports Jerks analyzed the Mike Napoli signing.
- The Giants Cove wrote about San Francisco's three recent signings.
- Capitol Avenue Club says the Braves should trade Eric O'Flaherty.
- U.S.S. Mariner listed some potential short-term fixes for the Mariners.
- Dodgers Nation wondered what it would be like if 2012 free agency was like 2004.
- Yanks Go Yard wonders if the Yankees are damaging their brand.
- Through the Fence Baseball looked back at the history of the Winter Meetings.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.