We checked in on the AL East already this morning, so let's head to the National League to round up the latest out of the NL East….
- As they continue to consider their options regarding R.A. Dickey, the Mets are also considering trading pitching prospects like Logan Verrett or Darin Gorski for outfield help, according to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News (Twitter link).
- Martino adds in a second tweet that Bobby Parnell has drawn trade interest, but is unlikely to be moved.
- Rival officials consider the Phillies the team most desperate for outfield help this week, according to ESPN.com's Buster Olney (Twitter link).
- Despite the Phillies' need for an outfielder, the "consensus in baseball circles" is that a reunion between Shane Victorino and the Phils is unlikely, writes ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick.
- When it comes to finding a left fielder, the Braves will continue to explore trade options, but the team doesn't have much interest in the remaining free agent outfielders, and don't mind moving forward with their internal options, according to MLB.com's Mark Bowman.