On this date in 1978 while pinch hitting for Davey Lopes in the Dodgers' 10-1 rout of the Pirates, Lee Lacy went deep in the bottom of the eighth inning off of Will McEnaney. Lee, a utility player, became first player in major league history to homer in three consecutive at bats as a pinch hitter. Here's this week's look around the baseball blogosphere..
- On The Way Home wonders if the Phillies have seen the last of Roy Halladay.
- Eye On The Tigers talks Rick Porcello's improved changeup.
- Baseball Hot Corner believes a closer change could be coming in Los Angeles.
- MLB Injury News asks if Troy Tulowitzki should move to third base.
- NASORB looks at what the Anthony Rizzo extension could mean for the Mariners.
- I R Fast digs deeper on Jon Niese's problematic 2013.
- Lasorda's Lair fears this could be the end for Josh Beckett.
- Pinstripe Pundits breaks down Yankees DFA candidates.
- Camden Depot analyzes strikezone analysis for Orioles pitchers.
- A's Farm chats with pitching prospect Sonny Gray.
- Indians Baseball Insider attempts to get a read on Lonnie Chisenhall.
- Wahoo's On First is unhappy with Chisenhall's demotion.
- Feelin Kinda Blue brings us a scouting report on Ross Stripling.
- Halo Hangout tells Howie Kendrick to swing away.
- Kings Of Kauffman tries to pin down pitching overachievers and underachievers.
- WCB Sports says the Dodgers should give Zach Lee a chance.
- Baseball News Source believes that Joba Chamberlain should be traded out of need.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at ZachBBWI@gmail.com.