- Out Of Options 2014
- 2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2014 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- Non-Tender Candidates
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014
- Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Quick Hits: Int’l Scouting, Morales, Olt, Taveras, Pitching Tandems
- NL West Notes: Trumbo, Hundley, Guerrero
- Minor Moves: McGrady, Gonzalez, Robertson, Wade
- Josh Johnson To Undergo Tommy John Surgery
- Travis Ishikawa Elects Free Agency
- Latest On Kevin Towers, Kirk Gibson
- A’s Reject 10-Year Lease Offer From Coliseum Authority
- Daily Fantasy Baseball Contest: Win Share Of $100K Payout
- NL Notes: Hellweg, Cuddyer, Cubs, Espinosa
- Padres In Active Trade Talks Involving Nick Hundley
- Rangers Designate Hector Noesi For Assignment
- AL Notes: Amador, Lester, Gonzalez
- Astros Outright Lucas Harrell
- Padres Acquire Tyler Greene From Braves
- Tommy John Surgery Likely For Ivan Nova
MLBTR Mailing List
- How Clubs Determine Pre-Arbitration Salaries
- Another Bite At The Apple: Opt-Out Clauses In MLB
- Scouting Masahiro Tanaka
- Free Agent Contract Trends: 2007-08 To Present
- Minor League Free Agents Finding Major League Deals
- Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA
- Future Salary Obligations In Context
- Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings
- Why I Chose My Agency Series
- Arbitration Breakdown
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Bobby Livingston Rumors
We'll keep track of Wednesday's minor moves right here…
- MLB.com's Brian McTaggart confirms a report from KHOU-TV's Daniel Gotera that Sean Gallagher, Scott Elarton and Bobby Livingston have signed with the independent league Sugar Land Skeeters (both links go to Twitter). The 27-year-old Gallagher, a former prized Cubs prospect, has a 5.64 ERA in 207 1/3 Major League innings. He last pitched for the Pirates and Padres in 2010. Elarton, a veteran of 10 big league seasons, has a career 5.29 ERA in 1065 1/3 innings but hasn't pitched since 2008. Livingston, 30, has a 6.31 ERA in 61 1/3 innings for the Reds and Mariners. He last appeared in the Majors in 2007.
- Reds GM Walt Jocketty told MLB.com's Barry Bloom that Micah Owings requested that the Reds try to trade him to another MLB organization. The Reds, who designated Owings for assignment today, will try to trade Owings.
- Daniel Barbarisi of the Providence Journal projects Boston’s 2014 roster.
- The Yankees agreed to sign Dominican shortstop Christopher Tamarez for $650K, according to Ben Badler of Baseball America. BA has video of the wiry 16-year-old.
- Craig Counsell told Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel that he would not object to being traded to a contender. MLBTR's Tim Dierkes analyzed the market for Counsell, who cleared waivers yesterday.
- The Rays signed former big league pitcher Bobby Livingston, according to the International League's transactions page. The Dodgers recently released the left-hander.
- Teams are calling the Cubs about Derrek Lee and others, according to Bruce Levine of ESPNChicago.com. Lee, who can veto any deal, turned down a trade to the Angels last month.
Links for Thursday…
- Josh Johnson's agent Matt Sosnick is now "cautiously optimistic" about a potential long-term deal with the Marlins for his client, according to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez. However, the two sides still have differing thoughts on the proper comparables to use for Johnson's 2010 salary. I'd say Ben Sheets, Carlos Zambrano, and Zack Greinke might be used in that discussion, but given Johnson's $1.4MM salary in '09 he probably can't expect much more than $4.2MM.
- What do Tupac, Sandra Bullock, and MLBTR have in common? They're all favorites of Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia.
- Scott Lauber of The News Journal tweets that the Phillies signed righty Jason Standridge to a minor league deal. The former Rays first-rounder pitched only 12.6 innings for the Marlins' Triple A club this year.
- Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports wrote last night that the Twins, Brewers, Mets, and Nationals have interest in free agent lefty Doug Davis. Davis suggested to MLB.com's Bill Ladson that the Nats are more focused on adding a second baseman.
- Roch Kubatko of MASN says Joe Crede "appears to top" the Orioles' free agent list.
- The Mets signed lefty Bobby Livingston to a minor league deal, tweets MLB.com's Mark Sheldon. The 27-year-old southpaw logged 156 innings of 4.15 ball at various minor league stops in 2009.
- Dave Cameron of FanGraphs says players of Adam LaRoche's caliber should take note of his new deal, because "the offers aren't going to get any better."
- Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post runs through Yorvit Torrealba's suitors, while also noting that Miguel Olivo's $2.5MM option for 2011 can become a player option with 110 games in '10.
- Catcher Mike Rabelo is a new name among the Tigers' 17 minor league deals announced today, writes MLB.com's Jason Beck.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Adam LaRoche | Arizona Diamondbacks | Baltimore Orioles | Bobby Livingston | Boston Red Sox | Colorado Rockies | Detroit Tigers | Doug Davis | Dustin Pedroia | Joe Crede | Josh Johnson | Miami Marlins | Miguel Olivo | Mike Rabelo | Milwaukee Brewers | Minnesota Twins | New York Mets | Philadelphia Phillies | Transactions | Washington Nationals | Yorvit Torrealba
According to Anthony Castrovince at MLB.com, the Indians signed LHP Bobby Livingston to a minor-league deal yesterday. Livingston had been granted his release from the Orioles on July 2nd, and he'll now slide into the rotation at Double-A affiliate Akron. This marks another scrap-heap acquisition for the Indians, who have been shuffling their vaunted bullpen.
According to Dean Jones Jr. of the Baltimore Sun, minor leaguer Bobby Livingston exercised a clause in his contract this afternoon to gain his release from the Orioles.
Livingston, 26, was 6-2 with a 3.62 earned-run average this season in 13 appearances (12 starts) for the Double-A Bowie Baysox. The clause in his contract allowed him to ask for his release if he wasn't on the major league roster by July 1. Livingston last appeared in "the bigs" with the Reds in 2007, and holds a 6.31 career ERA in just over 56 major league innings.