Trade Rumors Apps
- Reds To Extend Devin Mesoraco
- Marlins To Sign Ichiro Suzuki
- Giants Re-Sign Ryan Vogelsong
- Braves Sign Jonny Gomes
- Astros Sign Colby Rasmus
- Rangers Acquire Yovani Gallardo
- Cubs Acquire Dexter Fowler For Valbuena, Straily
- Nationals Sign Max Scherzer
- Cardinals Sign Lance Lynn To Three-Year Deal
- Astros Acquire Evan Gattis
- Nationals, A's Swap Tyler Clippard, Yunel Escobar
- Royals Extend Ned Yost
- D-Backs Sign Yoan Lopez
- Pirates Sign Jung-ho Kang
- Athletics Acquire Ben Zobrist
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- NL Notes: Nats, D’Backs, Rockies
- MLBTR Live Chat
- Minor Moves: Frank Herrmann
- Players Avoiding Arbitration: Tuesday
- Cuba Links: Unblocking, Moncada, Olivera
- AL East Notes: Monbouquette, A-Rod, Blue Jays, Orioles
- The Open Market’s Most Intriguing Remaining Names
- Astros Among Teams With Interest In Kevin Correia
- Central Notes: Ramirez, Shields, Reds
- Latest On Yoan Moncada
- Players Avoiding Arbitration: Monday
- Mariners Re-Sign Endy Chavez
- Minor Moves: Franklin Gutierrez
- Blue Jays Announce One-Year Extension Of President/CEO Paul Beeston
- Braves Sign John Buck To Minor League Deal
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Greg Aquino Rumors
Baseball America's Matt Eddy has the latest minor league transactions. I believe this is the first I've seen of the White Sox signing relievers Greg Aquino and Erick Threets. Check out Eddy's post for the full list.
MLB.com's Tom Singer reports that the Indians designated reliever Greg Aquino for assignment to make room for Mike Gosling. Aquino, 31, walked 15 in his 16 innings of work, striking out 11. The righthander is a veteran of parts of six major league seasons.
Here's an explanation of what it means to get designated for assignment.
According to MLB.com’s Anthony Castrovince, the Indians signed pitchers Kirk Saarloos and Greg Aquino to minor league deals.
Saarloos, 30 in May, spent most of ’08 posting mediocre numbers in Triple A as a member of the A’s organization. Aquino, 31, pitched well at Triple A but his brief time with the Orioles did not go well. He missed time with a hamstring strain. Both players were designated for assignment by their teams in April but cleared waivers.
Links for Tuesday…
- The weekly chat has been moved to Wednesday at 2pm CST this time.
- I’ll be on Seth Stohs’ radio show tonight around 8pm CST.
- From NPB Tracker: Kenshin Kawakami has switched to Dan Evans as his agent, while Koji Uehara wants a rotation spot and multiple years.
- Ken Griffey Jr.‘s agent, Brian Goldberg, has been in contact with nine teams (six AL, three NL). The Mariners were one of the AL teams.
- It’s been over a decade since the White Sox signed a free agent from another team for more than $20MM.
- Justin Morneau would like the Twins to add one more bat.
- East Windup Chronicle has scouting reports on Rinku Singh and Dinesh Patel.
- Things are quiet with the Dodgers – no recent talks for Manny Ramirez, "no real movement" on C.C. Sabathia.
- Rany Jazayerli questions the Royals’ nonchalance toward signing Zack Greinke.
- Nothing is close with the Tigers and Joe Beimel, and the team will not make an offer to Junichi Tazawa (partially to preserve their relationships in Japan).
- The Brewers signed Jason Bourgeois to a minor league deal. Bourgeois, 27 in January, hit .286/.335/.404 in Triple A this year.
- Quietly, the Indians signed reliever Greg Aquino. He pitched well in Triple A this year but missed time with a hamstring strain.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: C.C. Sabathia | Chicago White Sox | Cleveland Indians | Greg Aquino | Justin Morneau | Kansas City Royals | Ken Griffey Jr. | Kenshin Kawakami | Koji Uehara | Los Angeles Dodgers | Manny Ramirez | Milwaukee Brewers | Minnesota Twins | Pittsburgh Pirates | Zack Greinke
Corey, 34, has decent big league stats in 53 career innings but could never hold a job. Aquino, 30, has been done in by home runs, walks, and injuries in his career. He did manage to close for the D’Backs in ’04.
Let’s round up a few Saturday odds and ends.
- Pitcher C.J. Nitkowski writes a semi-defense of Brian McNamee. Nitkowski has his own blog and recently finished up a season in Japan.
- According to Andrew Baggarly, the Giants have been in touch with Scott Boras regarding free agent corner infielder Dallas McPherson. He missed the ’07 season with back surgery, but recently appeared in the Arizona Instructional League. The 27 year-old has a career line of .247/.294/.461 in 360 ABs, including 121 strikeouts in those 117 games. The 30 HR power may remain but he’ll need to show more than just that.
- Peter Abraham has a funny comment regarding the appearance of Rich Garces on the phony steroid list that circulated Thursday morning. That bogus list actually hit my inbox the night before and it was an obvious delete. I shouldn’t throw stones, because I have definitely put up a few bad trade rumors in my day. But it was very surprising to see an NBC affiliate running with that crap on Thursday.
- Andy MacPhail continues to leave the door open for an Erik Bedard contract extension. That same article mentions the Orioles’ claim of 30 year-old reliever Greg Aquino. Fantasy geeks recall Aquino’s stint as D’Backs closer in 2004, when they were the worst team in baseball. Aquino supplanted Mike Koplove that summer.