Trade Rumors Apps
- Marlins Acquire Martin Prado From Yankees
- Padres Acquire Derek Norris
- Padres, Rays, Nationals Agree To Wil Myers Trade
- Royals To Sign Edinson Volquez
- Indians Sign Gavin Floyd
- Angels, Rays Swap Kevin Jepsen, Matt Joyce
- Marlins To Sign Michael Morse
- Royals To Sign Alex Rios
- Dodgers To Sign Brett Anderson
- Yankees Sign Chase Headley
- Astros Sign Jed Lowrie
- White Sox To Sign Melky Cabrera
- Red Sox Acquire Wade Miley
- Twins Sign Ervin Santana
- Red Sox Sign Justin Masterson
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Quick Hits: Umpires, Parity, Yankees, Pirates, Tigers
- Free Agent Spending By Division
- Minor Moves: Wil Ledezma
- Padres Have Discussed Trading Myers For Hamels
- West Notes: Tulo, Scutaro, Vogelsong, A’s, Astros
- MLBTR Originals
- AL East Notes: Wieters, Rays, Yankees
- Spring Training Deadline For Justin Upton Extension
- NL Notes: Dodgers, Padres, Stewart, Braves
- Cafardo On Shields, Scherzer, Wieters, Tulowitzki
- Baseball Blogs Weigh In: Blue Jays, Rasmus, D’Backs
- Nexen Accepts Jung-ho Kang Posting Fee From Unknown MLB Team
- Quick Hits: Cuba, Padres
- Poll: Will The Padres Reach The Postseason?
- McDaniel On International Bonus Pools
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Jack Taschner Rumors
ESPN’s Jayson Stark has a new Rumblings and Grumblings up. You may want to grab a glass of water or something, because this is a beast of a column.
- If the Braves have a bad weekend and decide to trade Mark Teixeira, a deal could come together quickly. Stark says the Braves have already touched base with the Rays, Red Sox, Dodgers, Angels and Yankees. Where Tex fits on the Rays, I’m not sure. Additionally, interest in Will Ohman is said to be "massive."
- A Jorge Posada move to first base could affect the Yankees’ interest in Teixeira this winter.
- Though Brian Fuentes has many suitors, the Rockies have actually exchanged names with only the Marlins and Yankees. GM Dan O’Dowd has not dropped his price. By the way, Todd Helton‘s injury takes Garrett Atkins off the market. As for Matt Holliday, many execs believe the Rockies will never trade him.
- The Phillies are focused on a left-handed reliever, with Fuentes, Damaso Marte, George Sherrill, and Jack Taschner in the mix.
- The Phillies were scared off by the asking prices on Holliday and Xavier Nady, and never even made an offer. They still could acquire a lesser hitter.
- The Pirates are inspiring much grumbling with high asking prices for Jason Bay, Nady, Marte, John Grabow, and Jack Wilson.
- The Rangers are looking for young, controllable starting pitching. Vicente Padilla is available, with the Tigers and Yankees showing mild interest. Eddie Guardado and Jamey Wright are not available.
- In pursuing Jarrod Washburn, Bronson Arroyo, and Padilla, the Yankees are demonstrating their plan to reduce the prospect price for pitching by taking on a decent-sized contract.
- While A.J. Burnett is "eminently available," no trade talks are cooking. The Jays apparently won’t deal him within the division. Other Jays veterans might be available, though Roy Halladay isn’t among them.
- The Tigers are looking for pitching and a long-term shortstop. They’d be willing to move Gary Sheffield, though they’d have to eat salary.
- Top Rays prospects such as Wade Davis, David Price, and Jeremy Hellickson are off-limits. Rays Index recently ran through the more likely trade candidates.
- The Braves asked the Royals about Jose Guillen, but Dayton Moore is asking for a ton.
- Stark says the Twins’ talks for Adrian Beltre are "far from dead." The Twins are zeroed in on a third base upgrade. Beltre, by the way, has the Dodgers on his no-trade list. Joe Christensen says the Twins have found the asking price prohibitive for various third basemen.
- The Rangers are looking for a young pitcher for Hank Blalock, who is drawing interest from the Twins, Giants, and Dodgers. The Dodgers also like Casey Blake, who is likely to be traded somewhere.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: A.J. Burnett | Adrian Beltre | Atlanta Braves | Boston Red Sox | Brian Fuentes | Bronson Arroyo | Casey Blake | Cincinnati Reds | Cleveland Indians | Colorado Rockies | Damaso Marte | David Price | Detroit Tigers | Eddie Guardado | Garrett Atkins | Gary Sheffield | George Sherrill | Hank Blalock | Jack Taschner | Jack Wilson | Jamey Wright | Jarrod Washburn | Jason Bay | Jeremy Hellickson | John Grabow | Jorge Posada | Jose Guillen | Kansas City Royals | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Los Angeles Dodgers | Mark Teixeira | Matt Holliday | Miami Marlins | Minnesota Twins | New York Yankees | Philadelphia Phillies | Pittsburgh Pirates | Roy Halladay | San Francisco Giants | Seattle Mariners | Tampa Bay Rays | Texas Rangers | Toronto Blue Jays | Vicente Padilla | Wade Davis | Will Ohman | Xavier Nady
SI.com’s Jon Heyman just posted a new column.
- The Brewers and White Sox inquired on A’s closer Huston Street. However, A’s GM Billy Beane said "there is nothing going on" in regards to Street. The Sox were linked to both Street and Jon Rauch today, so Kenny Williams is clearly monitoring the relief market.
- Heyman says the Rays have not discussed Street with the A’s, and the Dodgers "aren’t believed to be heavily involved."
- Heyman is on board with the recent rumors about Ray Durham and Jack Taschner possibly heading to Milwaukee.
- Heyman also confirms Ken Rosenthal’s report of the Phillies’ interest in Matt Holliday. He agrees that these talks have cooled, but notes a good relationship between GMs Dan O’Dowd and Pat Gillick. Gillick and O’Dowd have matched up for three deals, two occuring while Gillick worked for the Mariners.
- The Dodgers continue to consider shortstop a priority. Heyman wonders if Cristian Guzman would be a fit, especially if extension talks sour. Jack Wilson and David Eckstein are other possibilities.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Chicago White Sox | Colorado Rockies | Cristian Guzman | David Eckstein | Huston Street | Jack Taschner | Jack Wilson | Los Angeles Dodgers | Matt Holliday | Milwaukee Brewers | Oakland Athletics | Philadelphia Phillies | Pittsburgh Pirates | Ray Durham | San Francisco Giants | Tampa Bay Rays | Toronto Blue Jays | Washington Nationals
11:23pm: The San Francisco Chronicle’s Henry Schulman comments on the rumor, noting the convenient timing of Durham’s bout with the flu.
As was Haudricourt, Schulman is skeptical about a separate Rickie Weeks-to-San Francisco rumor floating about. But both beat writers acknowledged the rumor, so someone’s putting it out there.
9:31pm: An update from Haudricourt. He believes the Brewers are working on a smaller deal for Jack Taschner or Ray Durham, rather than Street.
Haudricourt says the Brewers scouted Street but the scouts were not impressed. He’s not coming to Milwaukee.
7:21pm: Brewers beat writer Tom Haudricourt thinks Oakland closer Huston Street is Milwaukee-bound. He says the word on the street is outfielder Darren Ford, 22, is the price. Ford was pulled from Brevard County’s lineup before its game against Clearwater. Says Haudricourt:
The fact that Ford was pulled from the lineup makes me believe something could be up. He has no injury that I know of.
Baseball America did not list Ford among the Brewers’ top 10 prospects before this season, but he was named the organization’s fastest baserunner and best defensive outfielder. So far this year in the Florida State League, Ford is hitting .232 with a .321 OBP and a .307 SLG. He’s got 44 steals in 87 games.
11:34pm: Haudricourt says the Brewers dispatched their top special assistant to watch the A’s play the Yankees. Haudricourt speculates that the Brewers might have an eye on Huston Street, who is under team control through 2010. Street’s had an off-year, mainly due to a rising home run rate.
4:38pm: As usual, Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel has the latest Brewers hot stove chatter.
- GM Doug Melvin is calling around about relief help, but as you might imagine prices are high.
- Melvin would not confirm Ken Rosenthal’s rumor that the Brewers are interested in the Giants’ Jack Taschner and Ray Durham. Melvin is always honest with Haudricourt, so it’s worth noting that he didn’t deny it either.
- Melvin seemingly has a little room in the payroll to make a reasonable addition.
Rounding up today’s links…
- Live chat here today at 2pm CST.
- Geoff Baker has a link and commentary on Erik Bedard‘s Philadelphia radio appearance. I’m with Baker – this was an odd choice by Bedard, who typically avoids the media.
- According to Ken Rosenthal, the Brewers are interested in the Giants’ Ray Durham and Jack Taschner.
- MLB.com’s Mark Bowman believes the Braves will shop Mark Teixeira if they decide they can’t contend. They’re currently six games out.
- Dave Cameron concluded his MLB Trade Value series at FanGraphs. He considers Evan Longoria the most valuable asset in the game, partially because of his team-friendly contract.
- Ken Davidoff runs through starting pitching trade candidates now that CC Sabathia is off the market.
- Sam Mellinger wonders what it would’ve been like if the Royals had successfully signed Hiroki Kuroda. Of course, they were eyeing Andruw Jones and Carlos Silva too.
- With Matt Treanor DL-bound, the Marlins’ search for a catcher may intensify.