The always-informed Jeff Zrebiec has a few Orioles tidbits for us.
- The Orioles didn't engage in conversations with agents for any free agents during the GM meetings - just trade talks with other teams (about 15 total).
- President of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said that he's open to trading with other teams in the AL East. He just wants the best deal.
- With that in mind, two Yankees who interest the Orioles are Melky Cabrera and Kyle Farnsworth. The Yankees could employ Miguel Tejada at third base, if he's willing.
- The O's could have some interest in Coco Crisp, though he's not atop their list. But they do need some kind of center fielder.
- The team's ears perked up at the availability of A.J. Burnett, even though he makes no sense for them.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Orioles Notes: Crisp, Burnett: