Somehow, I missed a Ken Rosenthal column. This thing is already 14 hours old. I'm slipping.
- A Mystery Team has already made a four-year offer to Francisco Cordero. We know the Brewers made an offer on Monday but Rosenthal may be referring to another club.
- Rosenthal suggests Scott Linebrink could be reunited with Bruce Bochy to become the Giants' closer. It's known that the Astros already have an offer out to Linebrink.
- Teams interested in Geoff Jenkins: the Cubs, Padres, Giants, Rangers, and Royals. Several of those are new to me.
- The Tigers' payroll is expected to exceed $115MM. Time to head over to Cot's and do some math. By my count the Tigers are around $105MM right now (includes some arbitration guesses). That leaves room for one starting pitcher signing, be it Kenny Rogers, Carlos Silva, or whoever.
- The Cardinals, Astros, and Mets have their eye on Livan Hernandez. Mets' management is divided on signing him, since he's a back-rotation guy.
- Rosenthal believes the Reds could shop Joey Votto or Josh Hamilton a year from now in hopes of acquiring starting pitching.
- Tony Clark is gaining in popularity as a cheap power source. He might be looking at two years, $4MM plus more playing time.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rosenthal's Latest: Cordero, Livan, Jenkins: