Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer discusses the Indians' offseason needs.
- With Victor Martinez, Kelly Shoppach, Carlos Santana, and others, the Indians have a surplus of catching (and mad guitar skills). The Red Sox, Marlins, Reds, and Tigers are known to be in the market, so maybe the Indians can deal a catcher to fill another need. Those other needs: an infielder, a late inning reliever, and a starter.
- Hoynes believes the Indians will fall short of meeting the demands of free agents Francisco Rodriguez, Brian Fuentes, and Rafael Furcal.
- Hoynes implies the asking price for one year of Brian Roberts is Fausto Carmona and Asdrubal Cabrera. That won't work for the Tribe; they are looking to add a starter. They might have the same problem if they try to acquire Garrett Atkins.
- As we've heard, the Indians are in on Huston Street.
- Hoynes tosses out a couple of possible free agent bargains that may come with the necessary price break: Joe Crede and Jason Isringhausen.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Indians Rumors: Shoppach, Roberts, Street: