10:48am: WEEI's Alex Speier takes a look at the market for catching.
- Dodgers GM Ned Colletti is on record saying he's "probably not" interested in Jason Varitek.
- The Red Sox, Reds, Marlins, and Astros continue to hunt for catching.
- Speier talked to an official who believes the Rangers would have to be overwhelmed to trade a second catcher. Keeping in mind that Max Ramirez may have to move out from behind the plate, it may make sense to just let Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Taylor Teagarden compete for the job.
- The Red Sox have talked to the Indians about Kelly Shoppach; the Reds like him as well. The Indians would want a big league second baseman, third baseman, or closer back for Shoppach. The Indians have not entertained offers for Victor Martinez.
- The D'Backs would like a second baseman or pitching for Miguel Montero or Chris Snyder.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Rangers Could Still Trade Another Catcher: