There's a two-week window remaining for teams to sign their draft picks. Once August 17th passes without a negotiation, these players will be eligible for next year's draft and the selecting team receives a compensatory pick in next year's draft. For a full list of signees and terms, visit our handy 2009 Draft scorecard here.
1. Nationals – Stephen Strasburg. All eyes will be on these negotiations, as Strasburg is a Scott Boras client. The range for his bonus has varied wildly, and talks are said to not be close, according to ESPN. This one will go down to the wire, and the Nationals probably can't afford another Aaron Crow situation.
2. Mariners – Dustin Ackley. Ackley is a Boras client, and supposedly talks aren't close. He's reported to desire a bonus similar to the one Mark Teixeira received, which was $9.5MM.
3. Padres – Donavan Tate. Tate's a Boras client as well, and talks aren't close. He has a two-sport scholarship to UNC Chapel Hill.
6. Giants – Zack Wheeler. With the departure of Scott Barnes and Tim Alderson in trades, it'd make sense for the two sides to come to a deal.
7. Braves – Mike Minor. There is word that talks are progressing between the Braves and Minor, and his not signing has reportedly held up negotiations with the college pitchers below him, as his slot will likely determine their contract figures.
8. Reds – Mike Leake. He was recently named College Pitcher of the Year, and last we heard he's nearing a deal says Mark Sheldon at MLB.com.
9. Tigers – Jacob Turner. Scott Boras client whom Kevin Goldstein at Baseball Prospectus believes "sure to sign," perhaps for an above-slot deal around $5MM.
11. Rockies – Tyler Matzek. Matzek could be one of the hardest to sign, and supposedly he has already been assigned a dorm room at University of Oregon, where he's committed to play. The Rockies aren't believed to be able to reach Matzek's bonus demands.
12. Royals – Aaron Crow. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out, as Crow didn't come to terms with the Nationals last year. Chico Harlan at the Washington Post thinks he'll receive $1.5-$2MM.
13. A's – Grant Green. Another Boras client, likely to sign for above slot.
14. Rangers – Matt Purke. He's reportedly got high bonus demands, and some believe he's likely headed to school instead.
15. Indians – Alex White.
16. Diamondbacks – Bobby Borchering. Last we heard the two sides were in a "holding pattern."
18. Marlins – Chad James.
19. Cardinals – Shelby Miller. The Cardinals got $1.5MM from the A's for Matt Holliday, which would be well-spent on Miller, who could take the default title as their number one prospect.
20. Blue Jays – Chad Jenkins.
22. Twins – Kyle Gibson. Gibson was hurt recently, which in turn hurt his chances at an above-slot deal. Goldstein believes he was in line for double his $1.3MM slot, but now might settle somewhere in between.
27. Mariners – Nick Franklin.
29. Yankees – Slade Heathcott.
30. Rays – Levon Washington. Scott Boras client.