On this date 43 years ago, Frank Robinson accounted for the only run in game four of the World Series with a home run, completing a four game sweep. It was Robinson's first season with the Orioles, having been traded to Baltimore the previous winter for Jack Baldschun, Milt Pappas and Dick Simpson. With the regular season over, rumors of trades that could impact next season's World Series have already begun. Let's take a look at what is being written in the Blogosphere…
- Jorge Says No! sees the Mariners as a nice fit for Milton Bradley.
- Blue Jay Hunter looks at what it might take for the Blue Jays to land Bradley.
- Trop Talk breaks down the arguments for Bradley, and yet still wants the Rays to stay away.
- Dock of the Rays explains why the Rays are so eager to rid themselves of Pat Burrell.
- Rays Index notes that the Burrell-for-Bradley rumor still has a number of unanswered questions, even if the deal comes down to just money.
- The Rays Party is not thrilled with the idea of the Cubs dumping a player on the Rays because of personality issues.
- Cubs Locker wants Bradley out of town, even if it takes cash and a relief pitcher.