Compared to the rest of the week, today has been relatively quiet, but there was still a steady flow of news and rumors. Here's what has happened since yesterday's Day in Review post:
- The day began with the 2010 Rule 5 Draft. The Pirates took Josh Rodriguez from the Indians with the first overall pick and other clubs selected 18 other players later on.
- The day ended with news of the Reds' six-year, $51MM agreement with Jay Bruce.
- Miguel Olivo became the most recent catcher to sign a lucrative multiyear deal, as he agreed to a two-year, $7MM contract with the Mariners.
- Seattle was busy today; they also offered a contract to Laynce Nix.
- The Astros created some more competition for their rotation by adding a former Mariner, agreeing to a deal with Ryan Rowland-Smith.
- The Pirates acquired Cesar Valdez from the Diamondbacks to complete the Zach Duke trade.
- A number of deals moved forward today. The Orioles officially acquired J.J. Hardy and Brendan Harris from the Twins, the Dodgers officially signed Vicente Padilla, the Pirates reached an agreement with Scott Olsen, the O's reached an agreement with Koji Uehara and the Mets announced their deals with Ronny Paulino and D.J. Carrasco.
- We also heard that the Red Sox aren't as aren't as close to extending their new first baseman as it seemed. Adrian Gonzalez says he doesn't have an extension in place with the Red Sox.
- Boston continues to be aggressive; the Red Sox are considered the frontrunners for Russell Martin.
- The Cliff Lee saga continued, as the Yankees offered a number of deals and the Rangers visited the left-hander at his home in Arkansas. Lee could make a decision soon.
- The Brewers continue to show interest in Carl Pavano, but they don't want to offer more than two years.
- Luring Pavano to Milwuakee could be a challenge, but he's not the only pitcher the Brewers are going to talk to. They will begin extension talks with new addition Shaun Marcum.
- The Twins, one of the teams with interest in Pavano, would consider trading Kevin Slowey.
- There's mutual interest between Adam LaRoche and the Orioles.
- The Pirates may be moving closer to a deal for Kenshin Kawakami.
- The Michael Young rumors slowed down.
- The Rockies are hoping to extend Carlos Gonzalez, but negotiating a long-term deal with the Scott Boras client may not be easy.
- We also learned that the Cardinals consider Gregg Zaun a fallback option and that the Cubs remain interested in Brandon Webb.
White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler Padres, A's Swap Seth Smith For Luke Gregerson A's Acquire Craig Gentry, Josh Lindblom Rays Extend Ryan Hanigan
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Blue Jays Rumors: Lind, Loney, Moreland, Morrison Lucas Harrell Drawing Trade Interest NL West Rumors: D-Backs, Padres, Giants Mets Exploring Ike Davis, Daniel Murphy Trades Jamey Wright Choosing Between Rays, Dodgers Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mark Prior Officially Retires; Could Join Padres Front Office Chances Of Mark Trumbo Trade Increasing Rajai Davis Nearing Deal? AL Central Rumors: Tigers, Indians, Royals, Twins Shin-Soo Choo Talks Reaching Critical Stage NL East Links: Izturis, Mets, Colon, Arroyo, O'Flaherty Brett Gardner Rumors: Monday Latest On Danny Espinosa Dodgers Notes: Kemp, Ethier, Tanaka, Uribe, Wright
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors