The Pirates appear to have added Kevin Correia, Matt Diaz, and possibly Scott Olsen at the Winter Meetings, and they're not done. They've made an offer to Kevin Gregg and have also been linked to Aaron Heilman, Jeremy Accardo, Justin Duchscherer, and Brendan Ryan. The latest:
- The Pirates are offering Paul Maholm in potential trades, according to Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (Twitter link).
- The Rockies aren't interested in Doumit, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post (Twitter link).
- Nick Cafardo implies that the Pirates have an offer out to Bill Hall and he could become their regular second baseman, which would be surprising to me given Neil Walker's presence. MLBTR has learned that Hall would not displace Walker at second if the Pirates sign him.
- The Pirates are trying hard to trade Ryan Doumit and are willing to eat salary, reports MLB.com's Jenifer Langosch.
- The Pirates are currently scouting Bartolo Colon in the Dominican Republic, reports Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. For more on Colon, check out Nick Collias' November article.
- Kovacevic says the Pirates expressed interest in utility man Alfredo Amezaga, but it's "pretty preliminary." Amezaga is trying to come back from microfracture knee surgery performed in July of last year. He appeared in one minor league game in 2010.