Links for Wednesday evening to tide you over until Opening Day…
- Peter Gammons offers up some predictions at MLB.com, but not before explaining how quickly things can change once the season begins. MLBTR's team made postseason and award picks earlier tonight.
- Commissioner Bud Selig says he's hopeful for peaceful negotiations between MLB and the MLBPA after the season, according to MLB.com's Alden Gonzalez. "Hopefully, we'll do it the way we did it in '06 — thoughtfully, carefully and quietly," Selig said.
- Tigers manager Jim Leyland told MLB.com's Jason Beck that he doesn't feel additional pressure because he's in the last year of his contract. “If we do all right, I assume I’ll be here," Leyland said. "If we don’t, I probably won’t be.”
- Rangers president Nolan Ryan told MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan that he expects Texas to repeat as AL West champions. The Rangers will have the flexibility to make another major midseason acquisition, according to Ryan.
- Dodgers GM Ned Colletti said on 710 ESPN's Mason and Ireland show that he was surprised by Andre Ethier's recent comments and that he has no interest in moving him (via ESPNLosAngeles).