- Al Alburquerque, acquired by Rockies from Cubs for Jeff Baker. The Rockies cut Albuquerque loose, and he signed a Major League deal with the Tigers in November. He's worked around a high walk rate to produce very strong results in 20 2/3 relief innings this year.
- Ryan Webb, acquired by Padres from Athletics in Scott Hairston deal. Webb became the key player for the Marlins in the November 2010 trade that sent Cameron Maybin to San Diego. He's been useful for Florida, racking up groundballs, though a mid-90s heater often generates a K/9 above 6.5. Sean Gallagher, the player to be named later in that trade, was later acquired by the Pirates and has struggled.
- Roque Mercedes, acquired by Diamondbacks from Brewers in Felipe Lopez deal. Lopez was a pretty valuable player two years ago. Since the deal, Mercedes toiled with Arizona's Double-A club and eventually returned to the Brewers in December by way of a waiver claim. The Brewers designated him for assignment in February and he cleared waivers.
- Brandon Allen, acquired by Diamondbacks from White Sox for Tony Pena. The D'Backs let Allen compete for the first base job this spring, but he's remained at Triple-A. The 25-year-old has shown a propensity to draw walks in the hitter-friendly league and awaits a shot at a starting job.
- Daniel Cortes, acquired by Mariners from Royals in Yuniesky Betancourt deal. Cortes hasn't gotten much of a big league look in the Mariners' pen yet; he's had issues here and there with hits allowed and walks in the minors since the trade.
- Hunter Strickland, acquired by Pirates from Red Sox in Adam LaRoche deal. Strickland appears to be on the DL for the Pirates' High-A team; he hasn't pitched this year. The Bucs also acquired infielder Argenis Diaz in the deal; he signed with the Tigers after being non-tendered.
- Connor Graham, acquired by Indians from Red Sox for Rafael Betancourt. Graham is currently on the disabled list for the Indians' Double-A team and hasn't pitched this year.
- Brett Wallace, acquired by Athletics from Cardinals in Matt Holliday deal. The A's later sent Wallace to the Blue Jays for Michael Taylor, who eventually sent him to Houston for Anthony Gose. He's found a home as the Astros' starting first baseman and owns a .304/.376/.440 line this year.
- Scott Barnes, acquired by Indians for Ryan Garko. The lefty is part of the Tribe's Triple-A rotation.
- Nathan Adcock, acquired by Pirates from Mariners as part of the Ian Snell/Jack Wilson deal. The Royals snagged Adcock in the latest Rule 5 draft, and he's trying to stick as a member of their bullpen.
- Tim Alderson, acquired by Pirates from Giants in Freddy Sanchez deal. The Pirates drew praise for the acquisition, but Alderson was demoted to High-A in July of last year. He made it back to Double-A this year as a reliever and has been useful statistically.
- The Indians' Cliff Lee haul from the Phillies: Jason Knapp, Carlos Carrasco, Jason Donald, and Lou Marson. Knapp missed much of last season with a shoulder injury. The Indians are handling him carefully, but he'll begin his season at High A soon and remains highly regarded. The others have reached the bigs, and Carrasco is a member of the team's big league rotation.
- Josh Bell, acquired by Orioles from Dodgers in George Sherrill deal. Once considered Baltimore's third baseman of the future, Bell was unimpressive in the Majors last year and hasn't done enough at Triple-A.
- Kevin Hart and Jose Ascanio, acquired by Pirates from Cubs in John Grabow/Tom Gorzelanny deal. Hart is recovering from a torn labrum, while Ascanio was designated for assignment this month.
- Zach Stewart, acquired by Blue Jays in Scott Rolen deal. Stewart has been OK as a member of the Jays' Double-A rotation and still seems to have big league potential.
- The Indians' haul from the Red Sox for Victor Martinez: Justin Masterson, Nick Hagadone, and Bryan Price. Masterson owns a 3.18 ERA as the ace of Cleveland's rotation. Hagadone was converted to the bullpen and has scuffled a bit since being promoted to Triple-A. Price works out of the Double-A team's bullpen.
- The Mariners' return from the Tigers for Jarrod Washburn: Luke French and Mauricio Robles. French is struggling in the team's Triple-A rotation, while Robles is on the DL for elbow surgery.
- Ryan Mattheus, acquired by Nationals from Rockies in Joe Beimel deal. Mattheus was outrighted in November but added back to the 40-man roster a few days ago and is a member of Washington's bullpen.
- The Padres' haul for Jake Peavy from White Sox: Aaron Poreda, Clayton Richard, Adam Russell, and Dexter Carter. Poreda was designated for assignment today. Richard had an excellent 2010 in San Diego's rotation and remains a useful starter. Russell was sent to Tampa Bay in the Jason Bartlett deal. Carter was cut by the Padres during the spring and signed back with the White Sox.
- Aaron Thompson, acquired by Nationals from Marlins for Nick Johnson. The former first-round pick was claimed off waivers by the Pirates in December and now pitches for their Double-A club.
Mets To Sign Bartolo Colon Mariners Acquire Logan Morrison Mariners To Sign Corey Hart Nationals Acquire Jerry Blevins Pirates Extend Charlie Morton Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Looking At The Market For Kendrys Morales Minor Moves: Wilk, Martin, Hottovy Blue Jays Agree To Sign Tomo Ohka Braves Avoid Arbitration With Jordan Walden Yankees Turned Down Gardner-For-Phillips Swap Quick Hits: Dodgers, Arroyo, Giants, Axford AL East Rumors: Drew, Balfour, Orioles, Red Sox Orioles Made Offers To Balfour, Axford Shin-Soo Choo Rumors: Wednesday Astros In Serious Discussions With Mike Morse West Notes: Morales, Kemp, Sandoval, Baker Quick Hits: Diaz, Benoit, Axford, Feldman, Ibanez NL Central Rumors: Boggs, Cubs, Pirates, Burnett D'Backs Notes: Towers, Tanaka, Garza, Santana NL East Rumors: Zimmermann, Mets, Blevins, Braves
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors