Three years ago today, Mark Teixeira hit an eighth inning solo homer off Mark Lowe, giving the Angels a 6-5 lead over the Mariners. Francisco Rodriguez closed the game out, making Seattle the first 100-100 team in baseball history. That is, 100 losses and a $100MM payroll.
These links will provide some more bang for the buck; here's the best the blogosphere had to offer last week...
- Amazin' Avenue provided a transcript of Mets GM Sandy Alderson's recent in-game interview.
- Swingin' A's interviewed Brandon McCarthy.
- U.S.S. Mariner says the Mariners should target Joey Votto in a trade this offseason.
- Meanwhile, Redleg Nation explains why the Reds should not trade Votto.
- Blog Red Machine tries to figure out what the Reds should do with Brandon Phillips.
- Crashburn Alley revisits the Michael Young to the Phillies trade rumors.
- Brotherly Glove wonders if the Phillies should non-tender Kyle Kendrick.
- Beer Leaguer doesn't think there's a viable way for the White Sox to re-sign Mark Buehrle without hurting the team.
- Pirates Prospects looks at the Pirates players that will be out of options next season.
- DRays Bay wonders if the trade rumors affected B.J. Upton's performance.
- Giants Nirvana thinks the Giants should consider signing Madison Bumgarner long-term.
- Bay City Ball broke down Cody Ross and the Giants outfield depth.
- Jays Prospects says the Blue Jays will have some decisions to make regarding their outfield prospects.
- Viva El Birdos remembers the glory days, when Ryan Theriot was the Cardinals starting shortstop.
- FanSpeak looked ahead to the Nationals offseason.
- Rant Sports Royals thinks Luke Hochevar might be on the verge of something big.
- We Should Be GMs says the Phillies have shown some cracks in the armor this month.
- Infield Chatter looked at how the Red Sox let the AL East slip away.
- Chad Moriyama analyzed James Loney's late season surge.
- Motor City Bengals broke down Jose Valverde's save streak.
- Rox Pile lists the top ten offensive performance for the 2011 Rockies.
- Lasorda's Lair compared a pair of Dodgers prospects in the low minors.
- Through The Fence Baseball previews the 2012 draft.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.