- The Royals seek a right-handed alternative to play third base and give Mike Moustakas an occasional break, GM Dayton Moore told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star. Casey Blake and Kevin Kouzmanoff are a couple of free agents who could fit the bill, in my opinion.
- The Royals have a full 40-man roster, so they'd have to free up a spot to make a Rule 5 pick on Thursday.
- The Royals tried for Derek Lowe before the Braves traded him to the Indians.
- Manager Ned Yost told Dutton the Royals would like to add a situational lefty to serve as an alternative to Tim Collins. Check out the free agent lefty relievers here.
- Moore seemed to acknowledge interest in Guillen, but noted, "I think there are going to be quite a few players like that around in January if we want to supplement our team."
- Dutton confirmed the Royals' interest in Gonzalez with a source, though they currently don't like the Athletics' asking price of multiple impact prospects.
- Regarding unfounded lobby rumors yesterday, Moore commented to reporters including MLB.com's Dick Kaegel, "I'd like to keep Wil Myers' name out of the paper as much as possible. Wil Myers is a young, talented player. He had a tremendous Arizona Fall League. We live with him every day. We love him and he's a big part of our future. But he's a Double-A player. He's going to produce at his own natural rate. We're not going to put unrealistic expectations on him. What other cliche do you want?"