We're officially through with one month of the 2013 campaign, meaning we're one month closer to the busiest time of the time of the regular season here at MLBTR. The trade deadline still hasn't quite taken shape, but if May 2012 was any indication, there should still be plenty of noteworthy transactions this month. Here's a look at the notable moves from last May, courtesy of MLBTR's Transaction Tracker…
- The Orioles and Adam Jones agreed to a six-year, $85.5MM contract extension.
- The D-backs and Miguel Montero agreed to a five-year, $60MM contract extension.
- The Angels acquired Ernesto Frieri — currently the team's closer — from the Padres in exchange for infielder Alexi Amarista and right-hander Donn Roach.
- The Marlins acquired Justin Ruggiano from the Astros in exchange for minor league catcher Jobduan Morales.
- The Rays acquired Drew Sutton from the Pirates for cash just one day after the Pirates had acquired Sutton from the Braves (also for cash considerations).
- The Red Sox acquired Scott Podsednik from the Phillies for cash considerations.
- The Cubs acquired Koyie Hill from the Reds for cash considerations.
- The Blue Jays acquired catcher Paul Phillips from the Brewers for cash considerations.
- The Cardinals acquired infielder Jamie Romak from the Royals for cash.
- The Phillies and Rays swapped outfielders Rich Thompson and Kyle Hudson.
- The Pirates acquired first baseman Jeff Larish from the Red Sox for cash considerations.
- The Rangers acquired Ryan Spilborghs from the Indians for cash considerations.
- The Yankees claimed Ryota Igarashi from the Blue Jays.
- The Padres claimed Neil Wagner from the Athletics.
- The Rangers claimed John Gaub from the Rays.
- The Brewers claimed Cody Ransom from the Diamondbacks.
- The Yankees claimed Matt Antonelli from the Orioles.
- The Padres claimed Eric Stults from the White Sox (Stults is still a member of San Diego's rotation).
- The Athletics claimed Travis Blackley from the Giants.
- The Yankees claimed Justin Thomas from the Red Sox.
- The Twins claimed Erik Komatsu from the Cardinals.
- The Yankees signed Cuban outfielder Adonis Garcia to a one-year minor league deal worth $400K.
Major League Signings
- The Rangers signed Roy Oswalt to a one-year, $5MM deal with another $1MM worth of incentives available. Oswalt, of course, did not sign this offseason either.
- The Dodgers signed Bobby Abreu to a Major League contract following his release from the Angels.