On this date in 2000, the Cubs named four captains: first baseman Mark Grace, right fielder Sammy Sosa, pitcher Kevin Tapani, and reliever Rick Aguilera. The quartet became the Cubs’ first captains since the 1960s and early 1970s, when Ron Santo held the position. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Camden Depot breaks down the situation between MASN, the Nationals, and Orioles.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders what Tampa Bay would look like with New York money.
- Inside The Zona asks if the D’Backs got fair value for David Holmberg.
- Outside Pitch looks at the Tigers’ rotation to see who should start Opening Day.
- Baseball News Source looks at the Cardinals’ enviable position.
- Hidden Vigorish isn’t all that worried about A.J. Burnett’s age.
- Kingdome Of Seattle Sports says Nelson Cruz won’t solve everything.
- Climbing Tal’s Hill spoke with the wife of Astros GM Jeff Luhnow.
- Soxspace Boston isn’t a big believer in luck.
- Batting Leadoff talks extensions.
- MLB Reports isn’t totally wild about the Homer Bailey extension.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Zach can be reached at [email protected].