On this date in 2010, Hanshin Tigers outfielder Matt Murton broke Ichiro’s Japanese record for the most hits in a single season when he recorded his 211th hit of the year. The 2003 first-round draft pick of the Red Sox had a rather unremarkable stint with the Rockies in the year prior, but made a major impact overseas. Here’s this week’s look around the baseball blogosphere..
- Pinstripe Pundits stacks up Mariano Rivera’s 1996 vs. Dellin Betances’ 2014.
- Inside The Zona handicaps the race for Yasmany Tomas.
- Blue Jays Plus has an unconventional idea for Aaron Sanchez.
- Sports Injury Alert looks at the Orioles’ resilience in the face of injuries.
- Screwball Baseball says current A’s come from Boston and future A’s from San Diego.
- Beisbol’s applauds the mysterious Ken Giles.
- NYY Fans has six steps the Yankees should take to build a better organization.
- Maniac Ball looks at the Angels’ farm system.
- A’s Farm looks ahead to 2015.