Trade Rumors Apps
- Marlins Acquire Martin Prado From Yankees
- Padres Acquire Derek Norris
- Padres, Rays, Nationals Agree To Wil Myers Trade
- Royals To Sign Edinson Volquez
- Indians Sign Gavin Floyd
- Angels, Rays Swap Kevin Jepsen, Matt Joyce
- Marlins To Sign Michael Morse
- Royals To Sign Alex Rios
- Dodgers To Sign Brett Anderson
- Yankees Sign Chase Headley
- Astros Sign Jed Lowrie
- White Sox To Sign Melky Cabrera
- Red Sox Acquire Wade Miley
- Twins Sign Ervin Santana
- Red Sox Sign Justin Masterson
- Non-Tender Tracker
- Non-Tender Candidates
- 2014-15 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions
- Trade Rumors iOS App
- Trade Rumors Android App
- MLBTR Podcast
- 2014-15 MLB Free Agent Tracker
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2014-15 Offseason Outlooks
- 2014-15 Free Agent Profiles
- 2015 Arbitration Tracker
- Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2015
- Free Agent Contest Leaderboard
- Reverse Standings
- 2016 MLB Free Agent List
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Nexen Accepts Jung-ho Kang Posting Fee From Unknown MLB Team
- Quick Hits: Cuba, Padres
- Poll: Will The Padres Reach The Postseason
- McDaniel On International Bonus Pools
- Angels To Sign Cuban Infielder Roberto Baldoquin For $8MM Bonus
- Ohio Notes: Floyd, Murphy, Howard
- Cherington On Hanigan, Middlebrooks, Rotation
- NL West Notes: Preller, Giants, Kemp, Kendrick
- Minor Moves: Lindblom, Rowen, Minicozzi
- East Notes: Phillies, McGehee, Eovaldi, Mets, Yankees
- AL East Notes: Duquette, Hundley, Rays
- Indians Sign Scott Downs
- NL East Notes: Howard, Turner, Tulowitzki
- West Notes: Beachy, Padres, Dodgers
- Giants Acquire Casey McGehee
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Abraham Nunez Rumors
MLB.com's Corey Brock took to his Twitter account this evening for a few announcements: The Padres have claimed infielder Josh Wilson and designated reliever Duaner Sanchez for assignment.
Wilson, 28, was DFA'd by the Diamondbacks this week after starting the season with a .231/.333/.269 line in 11 games. He'll provide infield depth for the Padres, especially at shortstop. We actually discussed the club's infield situation with Brock just one day ago. The D'Backs, according to MLB.com's Steve Gilbert, signed Abraham Nunez out of the independent league partially to compensate for the loss of infield depth.
Sanchez, a 29-year-old right-hander, went 1-1 with a 9.00 ERA, 2.36 WHIP and 2/8 K/BB ratio in 11 innings after being signed by the San Diego on March 15. Those numbers were simply unacceptable, even for the 13-22 Padres.
Today’s link collection.
- The Yankees are in the mix for Cuban third baseman Dayan Viciedo, as are 13 other clubs.
- The Mets designated Abraham Nunez for assignment. Well, it was fun while it lasted.
- Hank Steinbrenner gets a monthly magazine column…this should be interesting.
- Jay Gibbons is begging for a minor league deal. Might make sense to join an independent league and prove himself. Additionally, Barry Bonds‘ agent has talked to all teams and can’t get a bite at the minimum salary.
- Juan Uribe wants to stay with the White Sox. In the same article, John Danks sounds open to a long-term deal.
- Not rumor-related, but I found this Tom Verducci piece about Chipper and .400 interesting.
- Buster Olney says Freddy Garcia should be able to pitch a simulated game by month’s end.
Here are some links I’ve rounded up this morning.
- In theory, Robinson Cano would be open to a long-term deal. River Ave. Blues recently took a look at how historically good Cano has been so far, and suggest the Yankees lowballed him with their arbitration submission.
- Baseball Prospectus’ Derek Jacques saw Bartolo Colon pitch in the Dominican League Finals, and lends his evaluation. Colon was not impressive, but not terrible. It doesn’t seem like he will get the two-year deal he wants.
- The Brewers will bring Abraham Nunez to camp. Versatile, but a drain on offense.
- Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune notes that the White Sox aren’t done yet. The Joe Crede situation should linger into spring. Gonzales also mentions that the Giants are "listening to offers for Noah Lowry."
- A factual look at whether Omar Minaya really stockpiles Latin American players.
- The Astros can’t settle their gaps with Mark Loretta or Jose Valverde, and Ed Wade expects the team to go to its first arbitration hearings in over a decade. Wade has set a deadline of this afternoon and will go to hearings otherwise. Loretta asking for $4.9MM seems particularly off.
- Matthew Cerrone takes an educated guess on the current Johan Santana situation.
- Some interesting quotes from XM Radio from Michael Cuddyer and Scott Boras, separately.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Abraham Nunez | Bartolo Colon | Boston Red Sox | Chicago White Sox | Houston Astros | Joe Crede | Johan Santana | Jose Valverde | Mark Loretta | Michael Cuddyer | Milwaukee Brewers | Minnesota Twins | New York Mets | New York Yankees | Noah Lowry | Omar Minaya | Robinson Cano | San Francisco Giants | Scott Boras
UPDATE, 12-8-07 at 2:47am: More excitement…throw Abraham Nunez into the mix of Marlins third base targets. This team is going places.
FROM 12-7-07 at 11:27am:
MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro posted a new column last night full of good Marlins hot stove chatter.
- The most interesting note is that the Marlins talked to the Reds about swapping Dontrelle Willis for Josh Hamilton, prior to the blockbuster with Detroit.
- With Miguel Cabrera, the White Sox and Rangers were involved during the Meetings before the Tigers jumped in. The Rangers backed out when they couldn’t get an extension window for Cabrera. The Tigers wanted the same but obviously it wasn’t the dealbreaker. The Angels, Dodgers, and Giants were involved before the Meetings, with the Giants offering Noah Lowry.
- Frisaro says there are "strong indications the Marlins will sign Jorge Cantu. He’ll be in the mix at third base.
- The Fish are offering the Phils Scott Nestor for Wes Helms, who’d also compete at the hot corner.
- The Mets have some interest in Alfredo Amezaga, though the Marlins are inclined to keep him.
- Miguel Olivo will be released soon, so throw him into the catcher market with Michael Barrett.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Abraham Nunez | Alfredo Amezaga | Chicago White Sox | Cincinnati Reds | Detroit Tigers | Dontrelle Willis | Jorge Cantu | Josh Hamilton | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Los Angeles Dodgers | Miami Marlins | Michael Barrett | Miguel Cabrera | Miguel Olivo | New York Mets | Noah Lowry | Philadelphia Phillies | San Francisco Giants | Scott Nestor | Texas Rangers | Wes Helms