- Yankees Acquire Josh Outman
- Dodgers, Phillies Complete Roberto Hernandez Trade
- Morneau Claimed By Brewers, Pulled Back By Rockies
- Astros Pull Chad Qualls Off Waivers
- Feldman, Colon Clear Revocable Waivers
- Athletics Acquire Geovany Soto
- Indians Acquire Chris Gimenez
- Red Sox Sign Rusney Castillo
- Angels Acquire Gordon Beckham
- Garrett Richards Out 6-9 Months
- Indians Extend Scott Atchison
- Rob Manfred Elected As Next Commissioner
- Pirates Acquire John Axford
- Royals Acquire Josh Willingham
- Tyler Skaggs Requires Tommy John Surgery
- Dodgers Acquire Kevin Correia
- Cubs Acquire Jacob Turner
- Angels Acquire Vinnie Pestano
- Hoops Rumors
- Pro Football Rumors
- Reverse Standings
- Players Who Have Cleared Revocable Waivers
- 2015 MLB Free Agent List
- 2015 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings
- Transaction Tracker
- DFA Tracker
- Agency Database
- MLBTR iPad/iPhone App
- MLBTR Android App
- Hot Stove Glossary
- MLBTR On Facebook
- MLBTR On Twitter
- MLBTR Mobile
- MLBTR On Kindle
- Team Twitter/RSS Feeds
- Team Facebook Pages
- White Sox To Pursue Victor Martinez In Free Agency
- NL Notes: Howard, Phillies, Venters, Brewers
- Minor Moves: Wilking Rodriguez, Tommy Field
- Royals Designate Bruce Chen For Assignment
- Angels Outright Dane De La Rosa
- Diamondbacks Release Xavier Paul
- Rangers Release Phil Irwin
- Orioles, Nelson Cruz Mutually Interested In Extension
- Yankees Designate Rich Hill For Assignment
- Twenty Teams Attend Showcase For Cuesta, Siverio
- Indians Sign Russell Branyan
- Tigers Designate Jose Ortega For Assignment
- Quick Hits: Montero, Astros, Pierzynski
- AL East Links: Jeter, Beckham, Orioles
- Jorge De La Rosa Claimed, Blocked On Waivers
MLBTR Mailing List
Rumors by team
- Angels Rumors
- Astros Rumors
- Athletics Rumors
- Blue Jays Rumors
- Braves Rumors
- Brewers Rumors
- Cardinals Rumors
- Cubs Rumors
- Diamondbacks Rumors
- Dodgers Rumors
- Giants Rumors
- Indians Rumors
- Mariners Rumors
- Marlins Rumors
- Mets Rumors
- Nationals Rumors
- Orioles Rumors
- Padres Rumors
- Phillies Rumors
- Pirates Rumors
- Rangers Rumors
- Rays Rumors
- Red Sox Rumors
- Reds Rumors
- Rockies Rumors
- Royals Rumors
- Tigers Rumors
- Twins Rumors
- White Sox Rumors
- Yankees Rumors
Todd Linden Rumors
Here’s a look at the Yankees’ 20 non-roster Spring Training invitees. It seems that Shelley Duncan will remain with the club, and outfielder/2008 Spring Training star Todd Linden has been added. Most of the other names we’ve heard about already.
Below you’ll find the day’s random rumors and links.
- Remember Jerome Williams? He’s begging the Giants or any other team to give him a shot, "even if it means in A-ball" according to John Shea. The 26 year-old Hawaiin couldn’t find any success last year with Washington. He started out pretty strong with the Giants back in 2003-04.
- Todd Linden can get out of his minor league deal with Oakland if offered a deal in Japan, which is a possibility.
- Paul Lo Duca has choice words for the Mets, rejecting the notion that they were ever interested or that he demanded three years.
- The Astros still have Mark Loretta on the radar.
- The Brewers don’t seem to have any trades in the works.
- He deems it "pure speculation," but Buster Olney wonders whether the Angels should call the A’s about Joe Blanton.
- Support for my contention that RBI Baseball is better than today’s baseball video games.
Outfielder Todd Linden hit .353/.421/.482 in 85 Spring Training at-bats in 2007. That and the fact that he was out of options helped him snag the Giants’ fourth outfielder job that year. Linden can play all three outfield positions. However, the Giants designated Linden for assignment on May 10th after just 55 ABs. The Marlins picked him up and he fared a bit better. But they were still able to pass him through waivers to send him to Triple A in June.
This year the 27 year-old boasts a spring line of .577/.633/.885 in 26 ABs. Nonetheless, the A’s decided not to take him with to Japan. That means he’s not making the team, and Linden understandably isn’t happy about it. The versatile switch-hitter should be able to hook on somewhere as a fourth outfielder.
Time to round up various tidbits and rumors.
- Jon Garland says that unless his agent kept him in the dark, a long-term deal was never discussed with the White Sox. But in the unlikely event the Sox pursue Garland this winter, he’ll listen. Here’s a look others who will be free agents after this season and under 30 years old for ’09.
- We’ve heard the Brandon Inge/Joe Crede rumors regarding the Dodgers. Tony Jackson speculates that Wes Helms or Jeff Cirillo could also be options.
- Paul Sullivan says Aaron Rowand was the Cubs’ Plan B to Kosuke Fukudome.
- ShysterBall can’t figure out why the Cubs would go after Coco Crisp.
- Todd Linden is mashing so far this spring, but he gets the feeling he won’t make the A’s. The 27 year-old switch-hitter has a Major League line of .231/.303/.335 in 502 ABs.
- Jon Heyman has an inside look at Alex Rodriguez‘s offseason adventure.
- In addition to the aforementioned Brandon Medders and Dustin Nippert, Arizona’s Edgar Gonzalez is out of options and has drawn interest.
Full Story | Comments | Categories: Aaron Rowand | Alex Rodriguez | Arizona Diamondbacks | Boston Red Sox | Chicago Cubs | Chicago White Sox | Coco Crisp | Edgar Gonzalez | Jeff Cirillo | Jon Garland | Kosuke Fukudome | Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim | Los Angeles Dodgers | New York Yankees | Oakland Athletics | Philadelphia Phillies | Todd Linden | Wes Helms