I had a small firm design the new MLBTR logo. They presented about a dozen and I chose my favorite. MLBTR readers were not terribly impressed by the new logo though. I want to keep an open mind, because I am not an artistic guy. I received several emails from people who thought they could do better. One person, Mo Ahmadieh, revised the logo in a way I thought made it better. Here is a look at that revision (click to enlarge).
I’ve decided to open this up and have a contest to design the best logo. The prize is $100 plus your name/design company mentioned in a post. Here’s what I’m looking for.
- It should be an original design – doesn’t have to look like the new blue logo or the current black and white one.
- It has to beat the logo shown in this post. I may still go with this one; I like it. In that case there would be no winner.
- Needs some kind of color. I like the blue used for this one, but I am open to other colors. Red, white, and blue together is not going to work though.
- Can’t use copyrighted photos (ie, MLB players).
- Needs a transparent background.
- Needs to have the full tagline.
- Size: 800×110 pixels.
- Email your entry to email@example.com and enter as many as you’d like. Please get them in by end of day Friday. This should be fun.