Paul Hoynes of the Cleveland Plain Dealer weighs in on the different teams that could land CC Sabathia.
- Yankees: Despite Ken Davidoff's report yesterday that the Yankees would not land Sabathia, Hoynes notes that the Yankees are desperate for an ace but acknowledges that they may wait until the off-season.
- Phillies: Hoynes points out that Sabathia's first big league manager was Charlie Manuel, but the Phillies may not have enough in the system.
- Cubs: Hoynes feels that Lou PIniella would trade for Sabathia right now if he could.
- Red Sox: Hoynes feels the Sox are more likely to wait until the off-season.
- Rays: Hoynes notes that the Rays have the pieces in the farm system to land Sabathia, but wonders if they are willing to rent a player for a playoff push.
- Angels: Hoynes points out that Sabathia is from the west coast and the Angels may have a better chance of resigning him.
Hoynes also talked to scouts about what the Indians can expect to receive if they do decide to trade the free agent-to-be.
One scout said that "they could get two young players that were at or close to the big-league level that they could control for a while" while a second scout speculates the bounty could be " two and three prospects, depending on whether that team could sign Sabathia to an extension before he becomes a free agent this winter."
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Possible Destinations For Sabathia: