Ken Rosenthal’s latest column at FOX Sports is jam-packed with rumors.
- Manny Ramirez will generate plenty of interest on the free agent market; he wants at least four years. There was a report earlier this month that Scott Boras expected to get five years. The term will be a crucial factor. Rosenthal names the Phillies, Mets, and Yankees as three teams that may pursue Manny.
- The Mariners’ rebuilding effort will likely be spearheaded by a first-time GM, not an ideal scenario in the opinion of some baseball people.
- The Dodgers lost Shane Victorino twice in the Rule 5 draft. Tony Jackson had more details on that history a few days ago.
- Rosenthal talked to friends of Mike Mussina who remain convinced he will retire. Buster Olney got a different vibe recently.
- Rosenthal notes that the Dodgers’ interest in Robinson Cano is "sincere," but it’s unknown what they’d give up for him.
- Derek Lowe’s teammates say he has little interest in playing for the Mets or Yankees.
- Back in ’07, Blake DeWitt was considered a possible throw-in in a proposed Joe Blanton to the Dodgers deal. Rumor was the A’s wanted three frontline prospects from the Dodgers, DeWitt not among them.