The Yankees acquired Nick Swisher yesterday for Wilson Betemit, Jhonny Nunez, and Jeff Marquez. The reactions are clearly in favor of the Yanks; let's take a look.
- ESPN's Keith Law says Swisher has upside for the Yankees at a reasonable price. He is unimpressed with Chicago's return, though mildly intrigued by the idea of the Sox teaching Marquez a cutter.
- Peter Abraham notes that the Yankees see Swisher as their regular first baseman, and Mark Teixeira loses leverage. MLB.com's Lyle Spencer figures the Angels are thrilled by the trade, as they may not have to compete with the Yanks for Tex.
- Ken Davidoff loves the move for the Yankees, and believes it gives them even more cash to throw at C.C. Sabathia.
- South Side Sox gives us an inside look at the trade negotiations between Brian Cashman and Ken Williams. They really don't get the move.
- Williams would not commit to keeping the rest of the lineup intact.
- Ken Rosenthal believes the Swisher trade is a prelude to something bigger.
- Sox Machine says the White Sox must be banking on Swisher failing to right himself.
- Scot Gregor of the Daily Herald wonders if Swisher can handle the New York media.
- MLB.com's Jonathan Mayo looks at the prospects involved in the trade.
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Nick Swisher Trade Reactions: