There aren't many hitters available, Mark DeRosa would help just about any team and the Indians are 11.0 games out of a playoff spot, so DeRosa's naturally been the subject of recent rumors. But it's hard to predict where he'll end up, because there are so many choices. Here are some of the teams rumored to have interest in the free agent-to-be
- DeRosa would be a great fit for the Cardinals or Mets and both clubs have interest in him.
- DeRosa could play third for the Cardinals and shift positions if Troy Glaus returns.
- The Cubs have thought about reacquiring him.
- The Brewers are hoping Casey McGehee can be their own version of DeRosa and he's certainly impressed so far, with an OPS of .925 accumulated at three different positions. However, McGehee has only played 46 career games.
- The Marlins have interest in DeRosa.
- The Giants are looking for a bat, and DeRosa could fit their needs.
- The Reds are buyers and DeRosa could play third base and left field for Cincy.
- Could he fit on the Tigers? The Indians might prefer not to deal within their division.
- And Cleveland could always decide to keep him.