Not even one no-hitter, perfect game or near-perfect game in the majors today? How unusual. These news items will have to do in the meantime...
- Ben Goessling of MASNSports.com looks at who the Nationals could acquire to solve their ongoing problems in right field. Goessling notes, of course, that Washington might not stay in the NL East race long enough that they'll need to make a trade deadline deal.
- Walt Jocketty tells John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer that Aroldis Chapman will not be called up as a reliever to help the Reds' beleaguered bullpen.
- Royals prospect Danny Duffy is back at K.C.'s extended spring training camp, reports The Kansas City Star's Bob Dutton and Terez A. Paylor. The 21-year-old left-hander appeared to have abruptly retired back in March.
- Left-handed Pirates prospect Donald Veal will undergo Tommy John surgery tomorrow, tweets Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Veal, who came to Pittsburgh from the Cubs in the 2008 Rule 5 draft, posted a 7.19 ERA in 19 appearances for the Bucs last season.
- The Giants sent John Bowker down to Triple-A Fresno today, a move that Mychael Urban of CSNBayArea.com says (via Twitter) is the first step in bringing Pat Burrell up to the major league roster. Urban says the club is still figuring out another move in order to get Burrell on the 40-man roster, but tweeted that Mark DeRosa might be moved to the 60-day DL. Burrell signed a minor league deal with San Francisco last week and has made just 19 plate appearances for Fresno thus far, but has an 1.064 OPS in that short span.
- Matt Eddy of Baseball America has a rundown of the week's minor league transactions. One of the notable names on the move is veteran Scott Elarton, who was released by the White Sox after signing a minor league deal with the club last March.
Full Story | Comments (0) | Categories: Aroldis Chapman | Chicago White Sox | Cincinnati Reds | Donald Veal | Kansas City Royals | Pat Burrell | Pittsburgh Pirates | San Francisco Giants | Scott Elarton | Washington Nationals
Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment Mets Sign David Aardsma Cubs To Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Blue Jays Claim Thad Weber Angels Claim Chris Nelson Yankees Acquire Reid Brignac Marlins Designate Jon Rauch For Assignment Dodgers To Sign Jonathan Sanchez Phillies Sign Carlos Zambrano Rays Sign Cory Wade Mets To Sign Rick Ankiel
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
MLBTR Live Chat Cubs Claim Eduardo Sanchez Cubs Designate Michael Bowden For Assignment Minor Moves: Barton, Cousins, Alberto Gonzalez Jose Altuve Rejoins Octagon; Leaves Boras Choo Not Thinking About Long-Term Deal Injury Updates On 2014 Free Agent Starters Midseason Top Prospect Trades NL East Notes: Braves, Brown, Quintero Eric O'Flaherty To Undergo Tommy John Surgery Draft Notes: Appel, Gray, Shipley, Manaea, Stanek Transaction Retrospection: The Jackson-Hudson Trade Scott Proctor Retires Minor Moves: Paulino, Resop, Teahen Rangers Designate Derek Lowe For Assignment
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors