April is officially in the books! Let's take a look back at the week that was:
- Major League Baseball appointed former Rangers president Tom Schieffer as MLB's Dodgers trustee. Schieffer served as Rangers' president from 1991-1999.
- Frank McCourt snapped back, calling the move "un-American" on MLB's behalf, and vowed to remain in control of the team. McCourt claimed to have a deal with FOX worth nearly $300MM, but says that MLB vetoed it.
- The Orioles acquired catcher John Hester from the D'Backs to complete the Mark Reynolds trade. Baltimore sent David Hernandez and Kam Mickolio to Arizona in exchange for Reynolds and a player to be named later.
- The Pirates returned Josh Rodriguez, the #1 overall pick in this year's Rule 5 Draft, back to the Indians. Rodriguez saw only 14 PAs with Pittsburgh, and will report to Cleveland's Triple-A affiliate. The Buccos also claimed Xavier Paul from the Dodgers this week.
- The Red Sox continue to eye catching help in the wake of the struggles of Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Jason Varitek. Bengie Molina, Chris Snyder, and Ivan Rodriguez are on their radar.
- The Giants have made Nate Schierholtz available to other clubs for the right price. Schierholtz hasn't done much offensively yet in the Major Leagues, but is a plus defender and has seen minor league success with the bat.
- In need of help at the hot corner, the Marlins considered making a run at Mark DeRosa. DeRosa hit the disabled list this week, though, so that idea will be tabled for the time being.
- Several bullpen transactions this week, including the Indians designating right-hander Jess Todd for assignment, the Rangers signing Justin Miller, the Astros releasing Cesar Carillo, and the Rockies DFA'ing Alan Johnson. For all of the week's minor moves and transactions, check out our Transactions tag or use MLBTR's Transaction Tracker.
- One week after signing a minor league deal with the Marlins, Gabe Gross decided his heart was no longer in it and officially retired. He'll take a career line of .239/.330/.385 with him. Best of luck after baseball.
Rockies Acquire Brett Anderson D-Backs Acquire Mark Trumbo In Three-Team Deal With Angels, White Sox White Sox Sign Felipe Paulino Roy Halladay To Retire Marlins To Sign Garrett Jones Astros Sign Chad Qualls Yankees To Sign Carlos Beltran Red Sox To Re-Sign Mike Napoli Nationals To Sign Nate McLouth Rangers To Sign J.P. Arencibia Astros Sign Scott Feldman Mets Sign Curtis Granderson Mariners To Sign Robinson Cano Yankees To Re-Sign Hiroki Kuroda Orioles To Sign Francisco Peguero Orioles To Sign Ryan Webb Marlins To Sign Rafael Furcal White Sox To Sign Ronald Belisario Dodgers Re-Sign Brian Wilson Red Sox To Sign Edward Mujica Royals Acquire Norichika Aoki Yankees To Sign Kelly Johnson Cubs Sign Wesley Wright White Sox Re-Sign Paul Konerko Rockies To Sign Justin Morneau Yankees Agree To Sign Jacoby Ellsbury Marlins Sign Jarrod Saltalamacchia Astros Acquire Dexter Fowler
2014 Top 50 Free Agents With Predictions 2014 MLB Free Agent Tracker 2014 MLB Free Agent List 2015 MLB Free Agent List Non-Tender Candidates Projected Arbitration Salaries For 2014 Free Agent Prediction Contest Leaderboard Transaction Tracker DFA Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Central Notes: Anderson, Cardinals, Ellis, Pirates East Notes: Tanaka, Red Sox, Mets, Braves, Chavez Corey Hart Could Make Decision Tonight East Notes: Mets, Burnett, Phillies, Benoit Central Notes: Arroyo, Twins, Cards, De Aza, Indians Nationals Interested In Justin Wilson, Jerry Blevins West Notes: Gutierrez, Young, Morse, Sizemore, Cruz Mark Trumbo Trade Reactions/Fallout Mark Mulder Making Comeback Bid Four Teams Interested In Jason Hammel David Price Rumors: Tuesday Rangers Have Interest in Bartolo Colon D-Backs To Acquire Trumbo In Three-Team Trade With Angels, White Sox Rakuten President Undecided On Whether To Post Tanaka Pirates Willing To Listen On Justin Wilson
Peralta, PED Incentives, And The Next JDA Future Salary Obligations In Context Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors