We heard multiple times over the weekend that the Rangers are interested in some of the best available relievers. Texas GM Jon Daniels joined Galloway & Co. on 103.3 ESPN in Dallas (audio here) and though he declined to comment on specific players, he did provide insight into the Rangers' deadline plans…
- Daniels doesn't believe many 'impact' players will be available in trades this summer.
- Though the Rangers are optimistic about what Darren O'Day and Tommy Hunter can do in relief, "the bullpen's our focus point right now," Daniels said.
- However, if a true number one starter becomes available, as Cliff Lee did last year, the Rangers will check in and consider making an offer.
- Texas is willing to spend, though Daniels says he doesn't want to be "flippant" about finances.
- The Rangers decided to pass on signing Scott Kazmir, since they didn't expect the left-hander to be able to help the Major League team this season.
- The Rangers would almost certainly consider moving David Murphy in a trade for a quality reliever, according to MLB.com's T.R. Sullivan.