Sunday nights mean it's time to take our weekly look back at the original content and scoops provided by the MLBTR team. Let's run it all down:
- MLBTR learned that the Rangers and Mike Napoli avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year deal worth $9.4MM.
- Additionally, MLBTR was the first to confirm the $16MM value on Nelson Cruz's two-year extension with Texas.
- For those whose sports love transcends MLB and spills over into the NBA, MLBTR creator Tim Dierkes revealed his next venture: HoopsRumors.com. HoopsRumors will have some familiar names for MLBTR faithful, as head writer Luke Adams will be joined by MLBTR veteran Zach Links and a host of talented writers to bring you the same quality you've come to expect from MLBTR over the years.
- Ben Nicholson-Smith provided a rundown of the latest content from Tim's other newest venture, RotoAuthority.com. The re-launched RotoAuthority features fantasy-centric content from yours truly, in addition to MLBTR regulars Mike Axisa, Mark Polishuk, Dan Mennella, and a few other fantasy-minded scribes.
- Mark took a look at what it would take for the Cardinals to extend Yadier Molina, and concluded that Yadi would command a four- or five-year deal in excess of $10MM per season on the open market.
- Mike looked at arbitration-eligible players that have yet to sign, and also rounded up the best of the blogosphere (as he does every week) with his Baseball Blogs Weigh In feature.
- While a six-figure salary may be a fortune to most of us, it's on the low-end among MLB free agents. Zach took the liberty of running down the esteemed members of this offseason's six-figure contract club.
- Ben also looked at the remaining unsigned arbitration-eligible players (earlier in the week), providing an in-depth look at the top ten.
- Alexi Casilla and Jed Lowrie are the only unsigned arb-eligible players to file for under $2MM, and Ben examined some comparable arbitration cases for the switch-hitting infielders.
- Additionally, Ben listed multi-year agreements that don't extend team control and also highlighted some early-career extensions that haven't been as fruitful as the one signed by Evan Longoria.
- Tim hosted this week's edition of the MLBTR Chat.
- In the wake of Elvis Andrus' three-year extension earlier this week, Tim wondered aloud if it was necessary on the Rangers' end. Arbitration panels don't typically reward solid defense, which is where a great deal of Andrus' value comes from, as opposed to the gaudy counting stats which he lacks.
- Tim also looked at possible fits for A.J. Burnett, and hit the nail on the head when he listed the Pirates as a potential suitor. The Buccos have been engaged in trade talks with the Yankees for several days now.
- Tim compared the arbitration cases of Cruz, Adam Jones, and Alex Gordon, and took a look at teams that have used "draft pick currency" to land established players in the past five years.
- Lastly, please be sure to review MLBTR's commenting policy.
Twins Sign Kohl Stewart Red Sox Sign Trey Ball Mike Zagurski Elects Free Agency Padres To Release James Darnell Mets Acquire Eric Young For McHugh; Designate Cowgill Yankees Acquire Fernando Martinez Yankees Designate Chris Bootcheck Diamondbacks Sign Braden Shipley Phillies Sign J.P. Crawford Orioles Designate Yamaico Navarro Mets Agree To Sign Dominic Smith Giants To Sign Christian Arroyo Pirates To Sign Reese McGuire Mets To Promote Zack Wheeler Yankees To Sign Ian Clarkin Rays Promote Wil Myers Dodgers Claim John Baker Mariners Sign Henry Blanco; Designate Kelly Shoppach For Assignment Dodgers Designate Ramon Hernandez For Assignment
Current Free Agents 2014 MLB Free Agent Power Rankings 2014 MLB Free Agents 2015 MLB Free Agents 2013 Draft Order Transaction Tracker Agency Database MLBTR iPad/iPhone App MLBTR Android App Interviews Hot Stove Glossary MLBTR On Facebook MLBTR On Twitter MLBTR Mobile MLBTR On Kindle MLBTR Forums Team Twitter/RSS Feeds Team Facebook Pages
Quick Hits: Biogenesis, Boldt, Astros, Ramirez Trade Deadline Notes: Closers, Phillies, Buyers Draft Signings: Gonsalves, Williams, Monda, Hannemann Astros Notes: Appel, Free Agency Rockies To Remove Francis From Roster, Add Oswalt Braves Sign First-Rounder Jason Hursh Red Sox Sign Trey Ball Twins Sign Kohl Stewart Mike Zagurski Elects Free Agency Padres Request Release Waivers On James Darnell Astros To Sign Mark Appel Suspensions Likely In Biogenesis Case Quick Hits: Norris, Ethier, Blue Jays, Phillies Mets Acquire Eric Young Jr., Designate Collin Cowgill Draft Signings: Bohn, Salazar, Verbistky, Healy, Moll
Avoiding The Qualifying Offer Players Reflect On Arbitration Hearings Why I Chose My Agency Series Arbitration Breakdown
A's Rumors Angels Rumors Astros Rumors Blue Jays Rumors Braves Rumors Brewers Rumors Cardinals Rumors Cubs Rumors Diamondbacks Rumors Dodgers Rumors Giants Rumors Indians Rumors Mariners Rumors Marlins Rumors Mets Rumors Nationals Rumors Orioles Rumors Padres Rumors Phillies Rumors Pirates Rumors Rangers Rumors Rays Rumors Red Sox Rumors Reds Rumors Rockies Rumors Royals Rumors Tigers Rumors Twins Rumors White Sox Rumors Yankees Rumors