On this date in 2007, Orioles shortstop Miguel Tejada sat out a game against the Diamondbacks. It ended his consecutive games played streak at 1,152, the fifth longest streak in baseball history. Tejeda has suffered an injury on a hit-by-pitch two games earlier but tried to play through it. Here's the latest from around the blogosphere...
- Seedlings to Stars wrote about the Cubs and their gamble on Jorge Soler.
- MLB Prospect Watch says the Phillies have limited trade options with Cole Hamels.
- Through the Fence Baseball doesn't see Hamels as a fit for the Dodgers.
- Cole on L.A. believes the Dodgers should target Chase Headley in a trade.
- Dodgers Nation listed the pro and cons of the Dodgers trading for Kevin Youkilis.
- Sports of Boston wrote about the Youkilis-Will Middlebrooks dilemma.
- Rising Apple wonders what the Mets could get for R.A. Dickey right now.
- FanSpeak thinks the Orioles could turn to Erik Bedard for pitching help.
- Burning Down the Yard looked at the Cubs as a potential trade partner for the O's.
- Tomahawk Take lists some starting pitcher trade targets for the Braves.
- I-70 Baseball put together a list of pitching trade targets if the Royals decide to buy.
- Twins Fan From Afar explains why the Twins should not trade Josh Willingham.
- Yanks Go Yard isn't sure that Wandy Rodriguez is a fit for the Yankees.
- Yankees Fans Unite tries to figure out what would help the Yankees at the deadline.
- MLB Reports wrote about Adeiny Hechavarria's future with the Blue Jays.
- The Futurists broke down first overall pick Carlos Correa.
- 85% Sports analyzed the risk and reward of the amateur draft (part one, part two).
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.