A look back at the original reporting and analysis found on MLBTR this past week:
- Ben Nicholson-Smith reviewed the changes in draft pick compensation resulting from the new collective bargaining agreement and confirmed that teams losing a free agent will only receive one compensatory draft pick, whereas they previously obtained two selections.
- Tim Dierkes discussed trade candidates who could eventually be tied to draft pick compensation.
- Ben asked MLBTR readers should teams be willing to trade top prospects for players on the brink of free agency. Over 71% of you prefer the prospects to the rental.
- Speaking of rentals, Tim asked MLBTR readers whether the Phillies will extend Cole Hamels prior to the July 31st non-waiver trade deadline. Nearly 57% of you don't think they will.
- Ben hosted this week's chat.
- Ben also recapped the first-ever Competitive Balance Lottery, which allocates additional draft picks to small-market and low-revenue teams.
- Mike Axisa compiled this week's edition of Baseball Blogs Weigh In.
- There are many ways to enjoy MLB Trade Rumors. Here's a refresher on how to use MLBTR.
- Want the latest rumors for your favorite team? Check out MLBTR's team-by-team links for Facebook, Twitter, and RSS pages and feeds.