It was a busy week at MLBTR as the Blue Jays and Marlins agreed to a landscape-altering, 12-player blockbuster trade that still has yet to be made official. Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria is catching major heat from fans and fellow owners while the Blue Jays are suddenly right in the thick of the AL East race. Here's the best of the week that was.
- The Blue Jay Hunter broke down the blockbuster trade.
- House of the Bluebird wrote about the trade and what it means for Toronto.
- Fish Stripes wrote about the impact the deal could have on luring free agents to Miami.
- Marlins Diehards analyzed the financial impact of the trade for the Marlins.
- MLB Reports dissected the blockbuster deal.
- Sports of Boston wrote about the trade and its impact on the Red Sox.
- Halos Hangout wonders about the Angels making a trade like the Marlins.
The Rest of Baseball
- Lasorda's Lair thought about the Dodgers rotation with Hyun-Jin Ryu.
- True Blue LA analyzed the Dodgers' payroll from 2011-2014.
- Rays Colored Glasses wonders if Justin Upton is worth it for the Rays.
- Call to the Pen wrote about the small market for Josh Hamilton.
- I-70 Baseball asks whether Joakim Soria should stay with the Royals or go.
- Central Valley Sports Talk listed from offseason targets for the Athletics.
- Bleacher Nation wrote about an advantage the Cubs have this offseason.
- KC Kingdom says Scott Baker was a missed opportunity for the Royals.
- FanSpeak created a pitching blueprint for the Orioles.
- DRays Bay wonders what the Rays payroll will be next season.
- PhoulBallz wrote about superstitions and the minor leagues.
If you have a suggestion for this feature, Mike can be reached here. Only one email per week, please.